In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Firewood Lamps?

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Shawn Curry, Oct 19, 2015.

  1. Shawn Curry

    Shawn Curry

    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2014
    Messages:
    3,755
    Likes Received:
    22,702
    Location:
    Western NY
    When I split up the maple a couple weekends ago, these pieces were "speaking" to me... :loco: :crazy: My grandfather used to make homemade lamps, and I have a lot of leftover parts from that. My grandmother had a little ceramics business, and he would make the bases out of wood, plus he made some wooden ones himself. So that's kinda what I was thinking about when I saw these....

    Whaddya think... Too cool to burn? :loco: :crazy::D

    IMG_3982.JPG IMG_3983.JPG IMG_3985.JPG IMG_3986.JPG IMG_3987.JPG
     
  2. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,644
    Likes Received:
    144,583
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    Very Cool! :popcorn:
     
    Eric VW and Shawn Curry like this.
  3. dusky

    dusky

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2015
    Messages:
    455
    Likes Received:
    2,595
    Location:
    Pittsburgh
    A little taxidermy chipmunk would look so cool peeking out of that knot hole.
     
  4. NYCountry

    NYCountry

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2014
    Messages:
    2,687
    Likes Received:
    11,979
    Location:
    Mohegan Lake NY
    Looks nice keep em
     
    Shawn Curry and wildwest like this.
  5. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,644
    Likes Received:
    144,583
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    OH. If this is from the maple your posted of your grandfather planting.........Lamps would be a MUST.