In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

These Stoves are Heavy!

Discussion in 'Modern EPA Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Kimberly, Oct 4, 2015.

  1. Kimberly

    Kimberly

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2015
    Messages:
    5,072
    Likes Received:
    12,819
    Location:
    The Kangaroo State
    It appears that Canadian Border VT will be bringing the stove down to my friend in NJ; my friend is coming down to visit so he will bring the stove to me.

    Some of you have offered to help Canadian Border VT with his costs, fuel and toll booths. If you could that would be really nice. I have no idea how to coordinate such so if someone could do that please?
     
    raybonz and fishingpol like this.
  2. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Great news Kimberly.
    Looks like you'll be burning this winter after all, eh?
     
    Eric VW and wildwest like this.
  3. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,649
    Likes Received:
    144,595
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    I'm in for a ten spot for him. Paypal preferred.
     
  4. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    I could prolly spare the same if someone will set it up.
    I think I still have a Paypal acct.:confused:
     
    fishingpol, Eric VW and wildwest like this.
  5. Gary_602z

    Gary_602z

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,464
    Likes Received:
    12,340
    Location:
    Lake Odessa, Michigan
    I'll chip 50.00 in if Canadian border VT would like to PM me his address as I don't do paypal.

    Gary
     
    raybonz, basod, fishingpol and 2 others like this.
  6. brenndatomu

    brenndatomu

    Joined:
    May 29, 2015
    Messages:
    25,115
    Likes Received:
    163,199
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    x2. It's gonna cost ya lots of install pics though Kimberly ...and 1st fire, and 2cnd, and 3rd, and forth and...:Dkiddin...not really :whistle: :loco: :crazy: :p :picard:
     
  7. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,649
    Likes Received:
    144,595
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    x2! Oh, and a pic of you not bundled up, and another on your lower heating bill :)
     
  8. Canadian border VT

    Canadian border VT

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2015
    Messages:
    19,640
    Likes Received:
    130,611
    Location:
    Vermont
    FHC member's, while I am deeply honored and the generosity of this club amazes me. This is not necessary, as a former boy scout (good deeds) and with both parents Sunday school teachers (tithes) . I guess I budgeted for this as giving back. along the lines of give a man (or woman) a fish feed him for a day.... teach them how and feed them for a life.

    translate that to heat, where I come from, as important if not more than food because I could freeze to death a lot faster than starve:whistle:.

    Together, with the help of many others... we have helped a fellow member with a lot of work on her part (she's posted picture of her stacks) when accomplished a level of self reliance...

    Nonetheless, when I head down the 87 corridor I will let members buy me a cup of coffee if anyone interested:handshake:
     
    Horkn, raybonz, basod and 3 others like this.
  9. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    If I lived near, I'd do it in a heartbeat......lunch too.
     
    Horkn, raybonz, basod and 2 others like this.
  10. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    I'm in if needed too. Gas, tolls, food...

    Good on you CBVT. That is really amazing and truly admirable.

    One step closer Kimberly...
     
    Horkn, raybonz, basod and 3 others like this.
  11. Kimberly

    Kimberly

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2015
    Messages:
    5,072
    Likes Received:
    12,819
    Location:
    The Kangaroo State
    I did an online quote with ABF to see about shipping the stove from Vermont to my house and got a price of $835.80. I used the dimensions of the stove and that might not be correct because it needs to be on a pallet for shipping.

    The following are included in the charges above.
    View quote details
    Liftgate - Ground Pickup
    [​IMG]
    Residential Pickup
    [​IMG]
    Liftgate - Ground Delivery
    [​IMG]
    Residential Delivery
    [​IMG]

    I am worried now that I might not be able to get the stove. It was really fantastic of Canadian Border VT to give me the stove and I was doing happy dances when he did. However, he was originally going to be coming down to Virginia and that changed. My friend in New Jersey can only come down at certain times; it is a long drive from New Jersey to my home. CBVT is limited in the times he has available; it is a long drive from his house in Vermont to my friend's house in New Jersey. It may end up being November before I get the stove. I am sorry; I am just getting discouraged that I will be able to burn wood this winter. I guess I should not worry about the stove and move forward with getting the chimney installed and the hearth.

    I do appreciate all the help from everyone and the encouragement.

    Big Hugs everyone.
     
    papadave likes this.
  12. Canadian border VT

    Canadian border VT

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2015
    Messages:
    19,640
    Likes Received:
    130,611
    Location:
    Vermont
    kimberly, not to worry.. I am meeting your friend in less than a week!:thumbs::D I promise I will post pics in future. . today, I called in some favors to buy me some time. 5 cord on wood deck.. 16 17 wood split. have 8 people at house for a CSS party at my house. that I am missing. :(

    had a bathroom leak in newly renovated apartment :hair::hair: playing plumber and sheet rocker. . headed home now for the BBQ and beer tine...
     
    Horkn, raybonz, basod and 4 others like this.
  13. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    This gets gooder all the time.
     
    Horkn, raybonz, milleo and 1 other person like this.
  14. Babaganoosh

    Babaganoosh

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2015
    Messages:
    1,137
    Likes Received:
    3,828
    Location:
    Jersey Shore
    That's a ridiculous quote for shipping. Abf is shipping my IS for 205.

    If something happens and vt can't make it just have your friend pick up my Russo coal/wood stove on the way past. He's probably going to be driving within 2 miles of my house. It's not as effecient by any means and its a pre EPA stove but it works just fine.
     
    milleo and Horkn like this.
  15. raybonz

    raybonz Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    4,225
    Likes Received:
    9,758
    Location:
    Carver, Mass.
    Wow just found this thread and am amazed by the generosity displayed here! One things isn't clear is there a Paypal acct. to donate to? You folks never cease to amaze me!
     
    milleo, wildwest and Horkn like this.
  16. Kimberly

    Kimberly

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2015
    Messages:
    5,072
    Likes Received:
    12,819
    Location:
    The Kangaroo State
    CBVT said he did not want any donations but I think we should try and help him some way.
     
    brenndatomu and raybonz like this.
  17. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,649
    Likes Received:
    144,595
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    :popcorn:
     
    milleo and papadave like this.
  18. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,649
    Likes Received:
    144,595
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    I would volunteer, but I cannot. Paypal will not let me accept payments (new state, old drivers license). I guess I safe enough to send $$ and have been a member for like 10 years, but I cannot take $$ til I get a new drivers license, then get a printer that scans, then send my personal info to whoever sees it at paypal.......won't happen for awhile :whistle:
     
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  19. Kimberly

    Kimberly

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2015
    Messages:
    5,072
    Likes Received:
    12,819
    Location:
    The Kangaroo State
    Here is an update on the stove transfer. Canadian Border VT will come south, my friend will go north, and they will meet and transfer the stove on the 16th of this month. My friend made changes in his plans delaying his travel down to Va by a couple of days to help me get this stove. There will only be two people to handle the stove; if anyone thinks they could help PM me (My friend lives in New Jersey).

    CBVt will be traveling a round trip of 400 miles and will probably see $25 in tolls. My friend will be traveling a round trip of 180 miles (these are estimated miles of course) and will spend around $6.00 in tolls.

    If anyone would like to help with the costs, my friend does have a PayPal account. CBVt will have the most costs in fuel and tolls and even though he declined the offer for help I wish I could offset his costs. He is such a wonderful man to help me by giving me a stove. Big Hugs Canadian Border VT.
     
  20. Canadian border VT

    Canadian border VT

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2015
    Messages:
    19,640
    Likes Received:
    130,611
    Location:
    Vermont
    Kimberly, that's great news! I talked to your friend last night at 10 we were still discussing were to meet! :D:rofl: :lol: I told him I am coming down 87 to 287 tell me where to stop and meet..... been 15 years since I worked in NYC... Just came in for snack .. been brush hogging fields and trails for kids as they have the "S" word in the forecast this weekend yup SNOW:bug::jaw::hair:
     
    Chvymn99, milleo, raybonz and 2 others like this.