basod had to try and make something similar to fishingpol wonderous creamy chicken pasta dish. I read both posts and thought, well how hard can that be and they both sound so delicious. I don't make many pasta dishes - just Spagetti/meat sauce and Mac & Cheese. So I got the ingredients I like and pre-made it last night for Campinspecter to heat up in the oven. Learned a few things but there wasn't much left after lunch. Next time: Make the sauce thinner and make more of it. Lightly steam the broccoli before adding it Add my spices to the sauce. So here is my version of Creamy Chicken Pasta casserole. Chicken, egg noodles, mushrooms, broccoli, spinach and onions with creamy cheddar cheese sauce. Thanks basod and fishingpol for the idea and inspiring me to make something new. Now here is dessert. Home canned cherry cobbler.
Still looks really good Try making the pasta slightly under cooked and don't strain all the water. Any jar of sauce rinse it in water and add to the pan- you need juice Don't change anything on that cobbler
I actually made my own cream sauce using the water from boiling the pasta. I just made it a little too thick. I love thick cheese sauce in my Mac & Cheese and thought this would be more or less the same. next time I will make it thinner so it coats everything.
Man down! *walks over and grabs bucket* *fills bucket with ice and water* *tosses it on savemoney* *slinks off*