In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Trail Work 2015

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by thewoodlands, Aug 29, 2015.

  1. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    It's on our property.
     
  2. Canadian border VT

    Canadian border VT

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2015
    Messages:
    19,640
    Likes Received:
    130,635
    Location:
    Vermont
    thewoodlands, You do really nice work AND take great photos....:yes:
     
    thewoodlands and Well Seasoned like this.
  3. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Thanks C.B.V., just trying to keep up the main trails.
     
  4. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I did one load of Pine needles before doing some splitting.
     

    Attached Files:

  5. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    You never let up down zap! Good work!
     
    HDRock and Canadian border VT like this.
  6. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I hauled six loads of pine needles to this very low spot on our trails, I hope to haul another four tomorrow. 100_9313.JPG
     

    Attached Files:

  7. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,514
    Likes Received:
    95,531
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Love that photo of the sun in the trees.
     
    unclefess, campinspecter and papadave like this.
  8. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Thanks W.W., what a perfect day we had, it was about 54 in the sun an about 45 in the pines when I was raking.
     
    Gasifier, papadave and HDRock like this.
  9. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    Trail managers work is never done :)
     
    papadave and thewoodlands like this.
  10. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Nice work Woody!
     
    HDRock likes this.
  11. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Thanks W.S., I did another seven loads today and after that I split some pine an did some stump removal.

    I was talking to my neighbor today (he heats with wood) he told me his chain was cutting on an angle, I told him I could sharpen it if need be so he gave it to me.

    His left cutters measured 3 mm and the right cutters were 3.5 so I did my best to get them real close.
     

    Attached Files:

  12. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    The last three pictures.
     

    Attached Files:

  13. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    Your goin at it man :thumbs:
    Time to take a break and have some dinner now :beerbbq:
     
  14. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    You're good, I just heard the timer go off.
     
  15. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    :whistle::D:thumbs:
     
    Well Seasoned likes this.
  16. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Nice job woody, chain too! Sick as a dog here this weekend......
     
  17. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I came down with something last Tuesday, I'm just starting to feel better the last two days.

    Yesterday was the first day I felt better but I'm still not 100 percent.

    I hope your feeling better, soon!
     
    HDRock and Well Seasoned like this.
  18. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Thanks bro!

    The boss may be catching it. She feels warn down and her throat is starting to hurt. Mine started fri afternoon, and is slowly going away, still feel like chit though. We'll move more wood next weekend I guess.
     
    HDRock and thewoodlands like this.
  19. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I did another two loads of pine needles and removed three stumps in a trail, the biggest one is the only picture I took.

    The chain I used on the stumps will get sharpened tomorrow.
     

    Attached Files:

    papadave, HDRock, Woodwidow and 2 others like this.
  20. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Nice work thewoodlands !