In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

( Official ) Firewood Hoarders Club Secret Santa Gift Exchange

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Paul bunion, Nov 9, 2013.

  1. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    My wife said she thinks its "sweet" how were all so excited over this. She said at first she thought it was a waste of money then saw how into it I was and about what others have said, done. Then she was really excited.

    I said its cause your getting a gift from someone pretty much just like me. Many of the same interests. Not some dumb gift that you usually get. Like a shirt or something that you don't really need. Nooffense if anyone gave a shirt!
     
  2. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Tell her it's a better hobby than sitting in a bar, or many others.
     
    gbreda, Pallet Pete and Chvymn99 like this.
  3. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    We still love ya too Pete. I haven't figured out why yet, but......
     
    swags and Pallet Pete like this.
  4. mattjm1017

    mattjm1017

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,825
    Likes Received:
    3,262
    Location:
    North Eastern North Cackalacky
    We were just talking about this my wife was telling me that a bunch of her friends and siblings have already opened presentso_O for some reason that really pizzed me off I couldnt believe it whats the point in opening Christmas presents before Christmas?!
     
  5. gbreda

    gbreda

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    7,506
    Likes Received:
    37,200
    Location:
    NH
    Because some people just cant wait for a surprise. I like the suspense :thumbs:

    She may have a point there :whistle:
     
    Pallet Pete likes this.
  6. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid

    Right on man! I agree 100%!
     
    Chvymn99, gbreda and clemsonfor like this.
  7. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    Well if she married me then she's the insane one lol. Besides he likes the heat more then me just not the collecting of the wood.
     
    gbreda likes this.
  8. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    I could see it if you work or have multiple xmases, but not just for S &G.
     
  9. mattjm1017

    mattjm1017

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,825
    Likes Received:
    3,262
    Location:
    North Eastern North Cackalacky
    I agree with that for instance were doing Christmas with my family on Sunday and with hers next Saturday, but overall Christmas presents should wait until Christmas day.
     
    gbreda and Pallet Pete like this.
  10. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    We are doing xmas with her family, our youngest and my parents on Tuesday. Don't have a concrete date set for the oldest two and my side (again) yet.
     
  11. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    The kids tree (foreground) is the Santa presents tree. Tree in the back ground (also single pic) is the family presents tree. My FHC gift is the big white one in the back.

    Can't wait till Christmas! !

    20131221_214804.jpg 20131221_214917.jpg
     
    Chvymn99, clemsonfor and swags like this.
  12. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    Dex did you clean specifically for that pic? :D
     
  13. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Dex. Did you get a portrait of a Stihl chainsaw?
     
    clemsonfor and DexterDay like this.
  14. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    The wife is home every weekend (teacher) and I have to work this weekend. So that means a clean house :)

    Gas- I don't know what it is. Other than my Wife saying "You are gonna Love It"!!

    I don't like to spoil it. I picked it up and I can say, that it feels like a frame? I would not hate a framed pic of a MS 460 or MS 441 for my basement :) I have been on the hunt for chainsaw relics and related items.

    My Wife knows me pretty good (13 yrs) so I very much trust her opinion. I know I will love whatever it is.
     
    Chvymn99 and MasterMech like this.
  15. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    Plus, those 2 rooms are always clean (dining room and family room) we watch 90% of TV in the living room. Which is attached to the kitchen. I could take a pic of that mess? Wife wrapped presents today and it's a mess in there. :)
     
  16. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    Its a framed pic of Scotty holding that saw with the big bar that he had posted on the other place!
     
  17. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Your wife? I thought you said it was from fWH s.s.?
     
    Pallet Pete likes this.
  18. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Bring me up to speed.:popcorn:
     
    Pallet Pete likes this.
  19. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    She peeked at it. She could not stand it. So she knows but Dex dosent
     
    Pallet Pete and DexterDay like this.
  20. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    I think my wife and I have mild hoarding tendencies, me more so. We have clutterevewhere! And all hand me down furniture.
     
    Pallet Pete and Chvymn99 like this.