Well aside from being absolutely disgusting and icy out today I managed to convince myself to salt the drive and bring in firewood today. The new bin works pretty good I'd say!
Good thinking and yes, the bin with wheels should make the work a little easier. I'm actually thinking of moving some wood up myself this afternoon. The weather here is great for a late December day and I know I'll kick myself in the azz if I don't do it when the weather was good.
I wanted to split today but it's been raining all darn day. I took the cat shield down and clean off the cat then swept all around the hearth. Ready for the cold to return. It has finally stopped raining but I ain't splitting wet wood. Think I will fire the muzzleloader and make sure I can hit the broad side of a barn.
Sounds like you need to add an easy on/off ice skate / ski/ wheel conversion to the bin . yep nasty weather down there,
I would except I have a 3ft rise and the bin gets heavy. There may be a winch powered lift to pick it up to the porch next year though. So many expensive things with wood burning! Where did I go wrong.
Humph not likely.... Even with all my over spending on wood stuff it's just way more fun I mean seriously where else do I get to be Pallet Pete!
I simply stay indoors when we have ice like this. But we've been lucky compared with those further south. Not sure what tonight will bring though.
More ice my friend it's already coming down on us here. This am was really bad then it warmed up but now the ice is coming down and thinking the windows pretty hard again. I rubbed the door frames down with wd40 so I can get out tomorrow without having to almost break the doors again......
Blow dryer will get you out of a frozen door....My door knob was froze up the other day and after I got over the "freak out" I used the blow dryer and I was free....
Well, Good morning to anyone with power/internet. I've got close to a 1/2" of ice here, roads are blocked with fallen trees, I've got tops/limbs busted out of 15 or more of my own trees, & a lot of work to do. What a mess. Hope everyone is safe. A C
About the same here AC, but I'm not too far north of you. Lost power about 3AM. So far the only casualty appears to be the top of my redbud tree. I have a flowering plum that looks like it might not last much longer. Still have some drizzle falling and it's a balmy 28 degrees. Generator is running and the house is warm.
Same here AC it's deafeningly loud outside with all the crackling. We have another tree that has to come down now the tops all fell out overnight and it's leaning a good 4ft Ono the power line too. Same here about 1/2" over EVERYTHING...