In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Brought up firewood today.

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Pallet Pete, Dec 21, 2013.

  1. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    Well aside from being absolutely disgusting and icy out today I managed to convince myself to salt the drive and bring in firewood today. The new bin works pretty good I'd say! image.jpg
     
    Loon, Chvymn99, milleo and 5 others like this.
  2. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    Good thinking and yes, the bin with wheels should make the work a little easier.
    I'm actually thinking of moving some wood up myself this afternoon.
    The weather here is great for a late December day and I know I'll kick
    myself in the azz if I don't do it when the weather was good.
     
    fox9988 and Pallet Pete like this.
  3. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,950
    Likes Received:
    52,503
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    I wanted to split today but it's been raining all darn day. I took the cat shield down and clean off the cat then swept all around the hearth. Ready for the cold to return. It has finally stopped raining but I ain't splitting wet wood. Think I will fire the muzzleloader and make sure I can hit the broad side of a barn.
     
    milleo, fox9988 and Pallet Pete like this.
  4. raybonz

    raybonz Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    4,225
    Likes Received:
    9,758
    Location:
    Carver, Mass.
    That repurposed bin is awesome for firewood Pete!
     
    papadave and Pallet Pete like this.
  5. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Sounds like you need to add an easy on/off ice skate / ski/ wheel conversion to the bin . :)
    yep nasty weather down there,
     
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
    papadave and Pallet Pete like this.
  6. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    I would except I have a 3ft rise and the bin gets heavy. There may be a winch powered lift to pick it up to the porch next year though.:thumbs: So many expensive things with wood burning! Where did I go wrong.:whistle:
     
    Chvymn99, papadave and raybonz like this.
  7. raybonz

    raybonz Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    4,225
    Likes Received:
    9,758
    Location:
    Carver, Mass.
    Lmao oil keeps looking cheaper every day eh Pete? :rofl: :lol:
     
    Locust Post and Pallet Pete like this.
  8. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    Humph not likely.... Even with all my over spending on wood stuff it's just way more fun I mean seriously where else do I get to be Pallet Pete!
     
    raybonz and papadave like this.
  9. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    So, you've not told anyone else of your alter ego?:rofl: :lol:
     
    raybonz and Pallet Pete like this.
  10. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,155
    Location:
    Central MI
    I simply stay indoors when we have ice like this. But we've been lucky compared with those further south. Not sure what tonight will bring though.
     
    Pallet Pete and raybonz like this.
  11. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    PALLET PETE by night pallet pete by day! No one will ever figure it out if I keep one lower case! :rofl: :lol:
     
    papadave and raybonz like this.
  12. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    More ice my friend it's already coming down on us here. This am was really bad then it warmed up but now the ice is coming down and thinking the windows pretty hard again. I rubbed the door frames down with wd40 so I can get out tomorrow without having to almost break the doors again......
     
  13. raybonz

    raybonz Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    4,225
    Likes Received:
    9,758
    Location:
    Carver, Mass.
    Way to keep em guessing Pete you're just too clever.. o_O
     
    Pallet Pete likes this.
  14. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    Sometimes I fool myself when I look in the mirror and realize that I'm hiding under the beard....
     
    raybonz likes this.
  15. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Genius!:confused::thumbs:
     
  16. milleo

    milleo

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    2,317
    Likes Received:
    9,212
    Location:
    Maine
    Blow dryer will get you out of a frozen door....My door knob was froze up the other day and after I got over the "freak out" I used the blow dryer and I was free....:thumbs:
     
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  17. amateur cutter

    amateur cutter

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    5,997
    Likes Received:
    48,771
    Location:
    Gun Lake MI
    Well, Good morning to anyone with power/internet. I've got close to a 1/2" of ice here, roads are blocked with fallen trees, I've got tops/limbs busted out of 15 or more of my own trees, & a lot of work to do. What a mess. Hope everyone is safe. A C
     
    Backwoods Savage and Pallet Pete like this.
  18. 343amc

    343amc

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,749
    Likes Received:
    5,770
    Location:
    Northeast Lower Michigan
    About the same here AC, but I'm not too far north of you. Lost power about 3AM. So far the only casualty appears to be the top of my redbud tree. I have a flowering plum that looks like it might not last much longer. Still have some drizzle falling and it's a balmy 28 degrees.

    Generator is running and the house is warm.
     
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  19. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    Same here AC it's deafeningly loud outside with all the crackling. We have another tree that has to come down now the tops all fell out overnight and it's leaning a good 4ft Ono the power line too.:confused: Same here about 1/2" over EVERYTHING...
     
  20. milleo

    milleo

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    2,317
    Likes Received:
    9,212
    Location:
    Maine
    So far not bad here, almost business as usual....Best of luck to the rest of you....Stay safe...
     
    Pallet Pete likes this.