In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

vent setup question for my new Quad

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by slvrblkk, Sep 6, 2015.

  1. slvrblkk

    slvrblkk

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    6,647
    Likes Received:
    29,535
    Location:
    Northampton, PA
    Hopefully the glass gasket comes today and I'll fire it up quickly.
     
    ttdberg, wildwest and will711 like this.
  2. slvrblkk

    slvrblkk

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    6,647
    Likes Received:
    29,535
    Location:
    Northampton, PA
    It works!!! Everyone thinks I'm crazy but whatever.....this has a very active flame, completely different than when I went to see it and he fired it up....I ran it until the convection blower kicked on :D

    IMAG1086.jpg
     
    eatonpcat, ttdberg, jtakeman and 4 others like this.
  3. IHATEPROPANE

    IHATEPROPANE

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2013
    Messages:
    4,678
    Likes Received:
    19,110
    Nothing burns like a Quad!! Amazing what a little cleaning will do huh??
     
    ttdberg, wildwest, imacman and 2 others like this.
  4. will711

    will711

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    10,270
    Likes Received:
    50,828
    Location:
    Pocono Mts.
    No you are crazy my Brother :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol: It's like 90* out , But I know you just couldn't wait to fire that Bad Boy up :thumbs:
     
    eatonpcat, ttdberg, wildwest and 3 others like this.
  5. slvrblkk

    slvrblkk

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    6,647
    Likes Received:
    29,535
    Location:
    Northampton, PA
    Honestly, it's really amazing the difference. Gaskets didn't hurt either. I spent a a lot of time on this to get it where it's at hopefully she won't let me down. I ordered a new igniter and two new snap disks just to have a few extra parts on hand.
     
    eatonpcat, ttdberg, wildwest and 3 others like this.
  6. slvrblkk

    slvrblkk

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    6,647
    Likes Received:
    29,535
    Location:
    Northampton, PA
    My kid just came in and said "what the f@ck, it's like 92 out!" I said yeah, and? lolololol
     
  7. will711

    will711

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    10,270
    Likes Received:
    50,828
    Location:
    Pocono Mts.
    :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:
     
    ttdberg, wildwest, imacman and 2 others like this.
  8. will711

    will711

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    10,270
    Likes Received:
    50,828
    Location:
    Pocono Mts.
    Inquiring minds want to know what Flavor of pellet are you burning :whistle:
     
  9. IHATEPROPANE

    IHATEPROPANE

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2013
    Messages:
    4,678
    Likes Received:
    19,110
    :popcorn:
     
    ttdberg, wildwest, imacman and 2 others like this.
  10. slvrblkk

    slvrblkk

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    6,647
    Likes Received:
    29,535
    Location:
    Northampton, PA
    Ok. kill me now....I stuck LaCrete in it....lol
     
    eatonpcat, ttdberg, wildwest and 2 others like this.
  11. will711

    will711

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    10,270
    Likes Received:
    50,828
    Location:
    Pocono Mts.
    I knew you would break out the Good Stuff :thumbs::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:
     
    eatonpcat, ttdberg, wildwest and 2 others like this.
  12. slvrblkk

    slvrblkk

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    6,647
    Likes Received:
    29,535
    Location:
    Northampton, PA
    There was a rip in one of the bags, it was sort of calling me :rofl: :lol:
     
    eatonpcat, ttdberg, wildwest and 2 others like this.
  13. will711

    will711

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    10,270
    Likes Received:
    50,828
    Location:
    Pocono Mts.
    Steve please burn us we want to be the 1st sacrificed in the new stove :thumbs:
     
    eatonpcat, ttdberg, wildwest and 2 others like this.
  14. slvrblkk

    slvrblkk

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    6,647
    Likes Received:
    29,535
    Location:
    Northampton, PA
    :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol: I then put down the pipe!!!!! lol
     
    ttdberg, smoke show, wildwest and 3 others like this.
  15. IHATEPROPANE

    IHATEPROPANE

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2013
    Messages:
    4,678
    Likes Received:
    19,110
    :bug:
     
  16. imacman

    imacman

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2013
    Messages:
    6,633
    Likes Received:
    27,528
    Location:
    Denver, NC
    Replacing the gasket(s) probably "tightened up" the firebox and more air is going through the pot now.
     
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
    ttdberg, wildwest and slvrblkk like this.
  17. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    No doubt. Gaskets always help!

    Nice job Steve!!

    True story! They do burn very clean and are efficient boogers!!
     
  18. slvrblkk

    slvrblkk

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    6,647
    Likes Received:
    29,535
    Location:
    Northampton, PA
    Dex, thanks for all your help with things, I appreciate it! I'm sure I'm going to be picking your brain yet though! lol
     
  19. jtakeman

    jtakeman Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,313
    Likes Received:
    55,506
    Location:
    NW CT foothills
    Hottest day of the year and you fired your stove??

    :loco: :crazy:

    :wacky: even!!
     
  20. slvrblkk

    slvrblkk

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    6,647
    Likes Received:
    29,535
    Location:
    Northampton, PA
    Yes I did :D
     
    wildwest, will711, ttdberg and 3 others like this.