In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

A taste of things to come.....................

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by rottiman, Aug 27, 2015.

  1. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX


    for those whining about the heat, get ready................................
     
  2. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    :thumbs::rofl: :lol:
    Slip slidin away.
    Maybe you should wear your golf shoes out this winter;)
     
  3. Jack Straw

    Jack Straw

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    8,402
    Likes Received:
    52,443
    Location:
    30 miles west of Albany Ny
    I can't wait! :thumbs:
     
    Stinny and HDRock like this.
  4. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,531
    Likes Received:
    95,617
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    You are sooooo optimistic!!!
     
  5. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    I already got a pair of strap-on soles that are fitted with Hex headed tungsten screws fitted to them. I REFUSE TO INTRODUCE MY ARSE TO THE ICE................AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM READY.......
     
  6. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    The old boy scout motto be prepared:thumbs:
     
  7. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    What a mess. There will always be someone who makes dumb moves during a storm. Never have to go far finding them.
     
  8. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    Another great vid rottiman ... cool too... :dennis:
     
    Jack Straw, papadave and HDRock like this.
  9. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    Picture this, I'm heading down the freeway 5:30 a.m. going to work, I come up on a sheet of ice 150 yards long, across six lanes, at least 10 cars already crashed, people jumping out of the cars running for their lives, I got one semi behind me and one in front of me, one car in the other lane crashed beside me :startled:steady as she goes, scary chit, hallelujah I made it through, supervisor was late, he was involved but was ok
     
  10. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    I got a couple of those stories too HDR. Anybody living in this type climate can relate.:dancer:That little guy's not dancing, he's trying to keep his balance on the ice.:pain:
    Too long to share but similar. Scary stuff.
    Golf shoes.......hmmm.
    After seeing what my FIL is going through with a fractured hip and partial replacement, I have no interest in falling.......again.
     
  11. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    I hear you, I have more stories like that but, that was a scary one, I thought I was going to get squashed by them semis, my butt was drawn up to tight to worry about crapping my pants:rofl: :lol:
     
  12. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Yeah, thanks for sharing, but that was TMI.......and a visual I'm gonna' have nightmares about.
     
    Jack Straw and HDRock like this.
  13. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    Oh well just call me at tight azz ;) :rofl: :lol:
     
    Jack Straw likes this.
  14. bushpilot

    bushpilot

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2015
    Messages:
    3,240
    Likes Received:
    14,366
    Location:
    Eastern Washington
    Good luck with that. :p

    Greg
     
    rottiman and Jack Straw like this.
  15. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    Nope, my left elbow was just a throbbin' watching that...................I can still remember this past march........VIVIDLY........................
     
  16. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    :picard:You just reminded me it is almost time to start the wood boiler up. I think I will wait for another few weeks this year. I usually start it around the beginning of September to start heating hot water. But I am enjoying doing other things right now and don't want to start moving wood in just yet. Some of those videos really make you realize how much we all hate ice! A great reason to stay home more when the results of the chit weather is still on the roads.
     
    HDRock and rottiman like this.
  17. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    49,005
    Likes Received:
    312,367
    Location:
    Central MI
    I can take winter and all the snow you want to dump on me but hate the ice.
     
    unclefess, HDRock and rottiman like this.