I already got a pair of strap-on soles that are fitted with Hex headed tungsten screws fitted to them. I REFUSE TO INTRODUCE MY ARSE TO THE ICE................AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM READY.......
What a mess. There will always be someone who makes dumb moves during a storm. Never have to go far finding them.
Picture this, I'm heading down the freeway 5:30 a.m. going to work, I come up on a sheet of ice 150 yards long, across six lanes, at least 10 cars already crashed, people jumping out of the cars running for their lives, I got one semi behind me and one in front of me, one car in the other lane crashed beside me steady as she goes, scary chit, hallelujah I made it through, supervisor was late, he was involved but was ok
I got a couple of those stories too HDR. Anybody living in this type climate can relate.That little guy's not dancing, he's trying to keep his balance on the ice. Too long to share but similar. Scary stuff. Golf shoes.......hmmm. After seeing what my FIL is going through with a fractured hip and partial replacement, I have no interest in falling.......again.
I hear you, I have more stories like that but, that was a scary one, I thought I was going to get squashed by them semis, my butt was drawn up to tight to worry about crapping my pants
Nope, my left elbow was just a throbbin' watching that...................I can still remember this past march........VIVIDLY........................
You just reminded me it is almost time to start the wood boiler up. I think I will wait for another few weeks this year. I usually start it around the beginning of September to start heating hot water. But I am enjoying doing other things right now and don't want to start moving wood in just yet. Some of those videos really make you realize how much we all hate ice! A great reason to stay home more when the results of the chit weather is still on the roads.