In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

( Official ) Firewood Hoarders Club Secret Santa Gift Exchange

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Paul bunion, Nov 9, 2013.

  1. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    Not sure how someone misses that thread!! I see them advertised somewhere every year, them and the auger.
     
    Pallet Pete likes this.
  2. MasterMech

    MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    9,648
    Likes Received:
    26,044
    Location:
    Greenville County SC
    Well hell, for $132 you can have the entire collectors set!
    image.jpg
     
    WeldrDave and clemsonfor like this.
  3. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    May really be a collectors edition.The 41has not been listed in weeks and the 38 and 45 been out of stock since last week!
     
    DexterDay likes this.
  4. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    Not true, I have 2 more 45 cc's that will be here tomorrow. Ordered them Sat. :)
     
  5. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    Just sold the Blue Max to a guy at work and another guy wants one of the 45cc Quakes. Cost $54, and sell for $100 ;) Not gonna make me rich, but pays for almost all of my 2nd one :thumbs:
     
  6. WeldrDave

    WeldrDave Military Outpost Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,182
    Likes Received:
    56,136
    Location:
    The Communist Socialist Republic of New Jersey
    I guess I got to get out more:confused:…..:emb:
     
    Grizzly Adam and DexterDay like this.
  7. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    I need to read a few more threads. So you can buy these Earthquakes for $50 smackers? I'm thinking they are not made by the unionized Chainsaw makers in Detroit. LOL How is the reliability of these saws?
     
  8. WeldrDave

    WeldrDave Military Outpost Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,182
    Likes Received:
    56,136
    Location:
    The Communist Socialist Republic of New Jersey
    Eventhough you can never have enough saws,:drool: If I brought one more saw home, wifey would have me commited:eek:
     
    Woodwidow likes this.
  9. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    They seem to be pretty good only a few guys one being h2h have had one long enuff. Over at AS some guys have had them a year or two using them so its ok. But to say they will be as good as your stihl/ or husky that's a bit much. I have only read like 1/5 the posts there on them bit not read a failure yet.
     
  10. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    So today is the 18th, PB planned that we all should have shipped out the gifts to arrive today.
     
    clemsonfor likes this.
  11. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    I shipped mine yesterday, but it won't be delivered till Fri. I had 2 small items left to send, that were not here yet. I got one yesterday and the last of the 2, will be in today? So they will be sent 2 day Priority. All will be there before Christmas. :)
     
  12. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Cant wait until the post secret Santa thread
     
    DexterDay likes this.
  13. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    Just shipped my second box. It most likely won't be to the person till after Christmas, sorry guy. But at least one item is other to open already. If u figure it out before I disclose it just remember u have another box coming. With the new baby I have not had the free time I use to have so I could not work on it till this week when I had some time off. I did not send it priority as its heavy and it was quite pricy already and with priority adding nearly 50% to the price I opted for standard post.
     
  14. Paul bunion

    Paul bunion

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,396
    Likes Received:
    13,524
    Location:
    NJ
    Why don't we say if something hasn't arrived by Friday to PM me so I can follow up. This thread is a bit out of control for me to go back through and figure out who has acknowledged receipt. Conversely if you are late in shipping let me know.
     
  15. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Good idea PB !
     
  16. MasterMech

    MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    9,648
    Likes Received:
    26,044
    Location:
    Greenville County SC
    Mine was shipped Monday and should arrive Friday. Any other time of the year, it would have been a 2 day trip. :mad:
     
  17. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Mine showed up today, had it ripped open and my hand on it before I realised it wasn't the gift I ordered the old lady that hasn't shown up yet. Looked at return address and the light in my head came on. So here it is taped back shut and under the tree. I still have no idea what it is, so I am overall pleased with how it all went down. image.jpg
     
    swags, BrianK, Chvymn99 and 6 others like this.
  18. mattjm1017

    mattjm1017

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,825
    Likes Received:
    3,262
    Location:
    North Eastern North Cackalacky
    Please tell me what is the goats of war thing? Im guessing some kind of article about goats in a warzone.
     
  19. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    A Iraqi veteran wants to give goats to Iraqi people so they have milk, and then they can pay it forward by giving offspring to others. Dad and my old lady have been teasing each other about goats ever since they saw a extreme cheapskates show where some dude ate a goat head. That is the paper for dad's present.
     
    mattjm1017 likes this.
  20. swags

    swags Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,455
    Likes Received:
    13,240
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    I saw that episode, there are some crazy cheap people on there.