In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What are you proud of?

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by schlot, Aug 4, 2015.

  1. Shawn Curry

    Shawn Curry

    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2014
    Messages:
    3,755
    Likes Received:
    22,702
    Location:
    Western NY
    I put myself through college, and found my career in Software Engineering only 2 weeks out of school. Locally too. That was 10 years ago. With the savings I've built during that time, I was able to buy my first house 2 years ago, and this week, I paid off the remainder of my student loans - 5 years early. :yes:
     
  2. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    I went as far as the solo level in a Cessna 150, flew around 20 hours, just so I could transition to an ultralight. Never looked back. Haven't flown since 2003.
     
  3. Gary_602z

    Gary_602z

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,464
    Likes Received:
    12,340
    Location:
    Lake Odessa, Michigan
    Not me! Hit a snow bank with a Cessna 150!:doh: But I did walk away.:thumbs:

    Gary
     
  4. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    That walkin' away thing seems to be very popular... ;)... glad the snow bank didn't win.
     
    Eric VW, schlot, Woodwidow and 3 others like this.
  5. ironpony

    ironpony

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,747
    Likes Received:
    20,816
    Location:
    Mid Ohio
    A very good friend is an Air Force flight instructor, flew T38's, put one in a snow bank in Minot.
    as they say $hit happens.
    Dad was a pilot, soloed after 8 hours and had a license the same day, that was in 1949. Piper Cub.
     
    Eric VW, schlot, Shawn Curry and 2 others like this.
  6. bushpilot

    bushpilot

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2015
    Messages:
    3,240
    Likes Received:
    14,366
    Location:
    Eastern Washington
    A few things that have worked out well:
    • 4.0 gpa in my masters degree
    • Accident free 3000 hours of bush flying
    • Happy 30 years of marriage
    • No debts
    I am thankful that God provided the ability to do each of these. I try not to be proud, because under different circumstances, most beyond my control, they could have turned out very differently.

    Greg
     
    Eric VW, schlot, Woodwidow and 6 others like this.
  7. Gary_602z

    Gary_602z

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,464
    Likes Received:
    12,340
    Location:
    Lake Odessa, Michigan
    Actually I just tunked the snowbank with the tie down on the rear.

    Gary
     
  8. schlot

    schlot

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    5,256
    Likes Received:
    30,504
    Location:
    NW Iowa
    Good point....proud of and blessed with perhaps would be a better title for the thread.