In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Android App - Alpha Testers Wanted

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Support' started by Grizzly Adam, Jul 13, 2015.

1. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

I can click out of the text box and get back too it as well...just not to the bottom to finish a post. Its stuck somewhere in the middle. I cannot scroll the reply box once out.

And the problem about not seeing what I type after a few lines makes it worthless to use. Think of all my errors. Now imagine me not being able to see as I type or get back to that portion if I click out of the reply box. I have to see it after I post it.

I have a bad habit of almost never closing apps. It is a bit better today but I think it also is a combination of my battery being really weak and that app. It drained fast today but not as fast. So I do t know. Just call that one me seeing something thats not there. The other issues are real. I showed plenty of screen caps.

Those issues make it u useable to me. I would just rather wait a second more per page load and see what I am typing.

I know y'all won't go there but I do like TT MUCH better. Since the mobile formats are here its not as needed though. I dont really care for the newest version though as much as the last one.(TT that is)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  2. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

I understand the issues are there. I seen the screenshots...

But because they are not on my Android? I wonder if it is your version or phone?

All the problems posted (except the cord calculator). Once I go from it to another, it gets super small and I have to zoom in.

The top bar doesn't bother me much either. You can't see it, but if you get a text, email, FB update, etc. It shows it (and your phone rings or vibrates) for a few seconds and you can see what just came in.

3. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

Yes it could be my phone or droid version.

The keyboard issue is had by others so I am not the only one.

But I just listed my problems with it. I wish I could use out but with my device there are too many bugs for me to use it.

But I Alpha tested it...listed my problems and the app does not solve any issue or serve a purpose for me in its current iteration. If changed I may use it but as it is now Chrome is more workable for me.

Thanks for the work Adam...hopefully others like Dex, or grazer , save money or mike can use it as well as others and like it.
    And it gets us exposed in more ways!!!

How do you get on google Play? No one would ever find it where it is?

4. 94BULLITT

94BULLITT

I just downloaded the app. I like the firewood cord calculator. It would also be nice to have a calculator that you could measure each end of a log, the diameter, and length and calculate that into cords.

5. 94BULLITT

94BULLITT

I used the cord calc today. It worked nice to figure out how much wood I had on each pallet. Can you make it so just numbers appear when we enter the dimensions of ours stacks instead of the whole keyboard?

clemsonfor likes this.
  6. Grizzly Adam

Grizzly Adam null

I wish. I might have to look into building it from the ground up, but currently I have no control over what keyboard pops up.

94BULLITT likes this.
  7. Grizzly Adam

Grizzly Adam null

94BULLITT Try now, I might have found a work around. My test device is dead so I don't know if it worked.

clemsonfor likes this.
  8. 94BULLITT

94BULLITT

I am still seeing a full keyboard.

clemsonfor likes this.
  9. Grizzly Adam

Grizzly Adam null

Got my device booted-- its got numeric keyboard, but the script broke so it wont calc.

clemsonfor likes this.
  10. Grizzly Adam

Grizzly Adam null

Fully functional. Work around succeeded, I'm better than I thought.

Screenshot_2015-08-01-21-58-22.png Screenshot_2015-08-01-21-58-32.png

HDRock, 94BULLITT and clemsonfor like this.
  11. 94BULLITT

94BULLITT

Cool, I got the numeric keyboard now. Thanks for changing it.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
    clemsonfor likes this.
  12. unbidden

unbidden

Note 4 user, just installed app. The good is its fast. The bad, which is a deal breaker for me is the toolbar at the bottom. I need the option to remove it, it's constantly in thumbs way.

clemsonfor likes this.
  13. 94BULLITT

94BULLITT

I have had problems with the keyboard covering where I am typing my post.

14. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

Thats one of my biggest issues. That and covering the notification tray up top.

15. Unicorn1

Unicorn1

I download the app and will check it out.:)

16. Huntindog1

Huntindog1

Not sure why we are doing a new app when Tapatalk is out there for free to this site to use.
    Someone said at one time security issues but all the major message boards are using tapatalk now.
    There may have been security issues back when it first came out but its all been long solved. Heck even Microsoft has security issues.

clemsonfor likes this.
  17. Grizzly Adam

Grizzly Adam null

Tapatalk is not free, there is a hefty licensing fee. Also, less than three month ago they had another case of mixing up admins and staff. They've done it multiple times, and they will do it again.

HDRock and clemsonfor like this.
  18. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

I dont like this iteration of TT as much as the past versions. Its just harder for me to navigate. But probably cause I spend less time on it than I use too.

I still like their notification process. Less clicks to get to a post.

19. Huntindog1

Huntindog1

I understand if this board has reservations about Tapatalk as this board is a big investment to protect.

I emailed Tapatalk a year ago and they said it was free for a forum to get on tapatalk, so I went and looked up their License agreement.

It actually says they will pay you for the number of advertisements that get click on when someone is using their app on their phones or tablets.

Tapatalk - Forum Owner License Agreement

I also read that tapatalk has "150 thousand message boards" already using tapatalk. Yep I typed 150K message boards.

It said google is going to start surfacing Tapatalk content on google searches.

At the top of this page: Tapatalk
    read the comments scrolling at the top the the page
    One message board says its getting a few hundred dollars in extra revenue "per month" from tapatalk.
    Another message board says tapatalk added 90 thousand extra posts to it boards per month.
    Another says tapatalk added an extra 200-300 members per month.

20. Huntindog1

Huntindog1

To make it simple for everyone to make an easy app for your phone for Firewood Hoarders all you have to do is use Google Chrome on your Android Device.
    Open the site for Firewood hoarders tell it to remember your password on your phone then up on the address bar in google chrome tap the 3 little dots and choose
    the option Add to Home Page and they firewood hoarders on the home page of your phone and then from then on when you tap the icon for firewood hoarders
    it will automatically open firewood hoarders and looks just like it does on your computer and it auto logs you in.