In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Android App - Alpha Testers Wanted

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Support' started by Grizzly Adam, Jul 13, 2015.

1. HDRock

HDRock

:p:D;)

Chvymn99 and concretegrazer like this.
  2. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

I need to load it!! Been waiting for this!

3. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

I can't see the whole page without closing the keyboard either

4. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

For me it is unuseable. i can't see what I am typing in the reply box. I can't scroll all the way down. The keyboard hides the bottom of the page.

When I quoted it kept popping my cursor into the quote and I was typing in theirs...like the loading issue where you type before the quote appears and end up typing inside the quote or before it or something....except I am already loaded. And have been loaded fully for a few mins..

Good work Adam but I will uninstall it waiting on the upgrade.

I like Mike think its faster than chrome but these issues make it a pain.

Oh I also wrote a reply and took the keyboard down to see my text and clicked up in the box and I could not seem to get my courser to the bottom again. I had to post an incomplete response then go edit the rest into it. No matter what I could not get to the bottom of the reply box???

5. Grizzly Adam

Grizzly Adam null

Some screenshots would have helped, clem. Does the keyboard vary from your standard one? Pretty sure the app isn't installing a new keyboard.

6. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

Ok I will get back in and show some.

No its the standard "android keyboard"

I also thought it would be nice to still she the notification tray and what's going on in background as well as the clock.

7. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

[QUI am TE="Grizzly Adam, post: 339653, member: 26"]Some screenshots would have helped, clem. Does the keyboard vary from your standard one? Pretty sure the app isn't installing a new keyboard.[/QUOTE]
    Ok i am back into the app. It already jumped into your quote one time. I did not quote or respond till after all the load bars were through.I am just tying random stuff now to make this longer to get to the point below the keyboard.

I could not get mack to my ending point in the quick reply box. I hit more options and was able to get back to the bottom

8. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

The first pic i tried to show where it jumped me into your quote. It only did it once this time...yet i have worse signal?? Maybe this still is a signal thing. Ok thats not the bad part really. Screenshot_2015-07-20-15-06-24.png

The more options screen is not blocked like the quick reply at bottom of page but I still have the problem if I click away I can't get to the bottom of my post.

Again I am typing random stuff. The screen is pulled all the way down. If I try to scroll again and check (I know it is though) it gets away from the bottom and I can't get back down there nor see the last like.

9. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

This is where I am stuck and can't see the bottom of my post...no way to get back there. I can't click the blue arrow and pull down it just jumps around. Screenshot_2015-07-20-15-08-08.png

10. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

Here is a screen shot from the applicable post above. I took this after I had finished typing it all out so everything is there below the keyboard. Screenshot_2015-07-20-15-11-56.png

11. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

Out sure if its a coincidence or not but since downloading the app my phone is using the battery up nearly 2x as fast!!!

I am uninstalling it now.

This phone has always eaten battery but I had it die on way home and it was on a charge even some today and I charged it to like 80% when I got home and its about to die again

12. Grizzly Adam

Grizzly Adam null

To scroll your screen down when in a text box, you have to scroll in the small space outside (to the left and right) of the text box. This is standard for most if not all mobile browsers.

13. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

Yea I know how to do it. I have no trouble with chrome or anywhere else. Its just the app that I get stuck in.

And now that I am wired to the wall I have been thinking about my battery useage. Maybe its total coincidence but like I said its been draining like crazy. And I have barely used it since I got home either. A dozen texts. Took a pic and checked two posts I think on here. And that ate up 75-80% of my battery. This is 2-3x as fast as normal. We will see how it goes since I have uninstalled it.

14. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

No problem with battery usage here. Although I have been visiting here less in the summer months. But I still use the phone all the time.

I like it. Seems faster than the standard browser or Chrome. :)

15. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

I like thats its faster. And a dedicated to the site app.

I dont like...

-The keyboard hides half the screen
    -I can't see what I type cause of the above issue
    -If I click out of the reply box I can not get back into the end of the reply (maybe its my phone...but this is a real issue)
    the fact that after I downloaded it my battery has been draining like crazy (could be coincidence?)
    -It hides the notification tray and the clock and any other things like new text notifications etc.

And as of now I have deleted the app.

16. Grizzly Adam

Grizzly Adam null

Does the keyboard not hide half your screen in your browser?

17. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

Nope it jumps the screen up. Well it hides half the screen yes. But what was down there moves above the screen so I can see it. Screen shots inbound

18. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

This first shot is scrolled all the way to bottom without keyboard. Screenshot_2015-07-21-08-48-29.png
    The next pic is what it looks like as soon I I tap the box to reply. Notice it moves the box so I can see what I type!!! Screenshot_2015-07-21-08-48-50.png

The last pics shows that I can scroll the screen all the way to the bottom of the screen and even see the software version or whatever data is down there if for whatever I wanted. Screenshot_2015-07-21-08-49-06.png
    So yes it hides half the screen but I am not missing anything as I can scroll down with it up and therefore I am not missing anything back there. The text also scrolls up as I type so that it does not get hidden behind keyboard. See the next 2 pics. Screenshot_2015-07-21-08-55-45.png Screenshot_2015-07-21-08-55-53.png

concretegrazer likes this.
  19. Grizzly Adam

Grizzly Adam null

Ok, at least it makes sense now.

20. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

I can click out of the box and go right back to the post that was being typing? May be the way your phone is handling it?

My battery is at 65% now. And that's par for the course for my day so far. I'm curious if the battery life gets better? And why it would? Are you closing your apps as you are done with them? Any app will drain the battery life if left open.

As for the bottom of the screen. There isn't anything down there that is needed if you are typing. Once you are done typing the post, the keyboard can be put away and post reply can be hit (or upload file).