My wife collected an old glad version of a perc pot like this. But I dunno if I trust it on the stove
Cabela's Stainless Steel Cool Touch Coffee Pots Silicone handle remains cool to the touch Crafted of durable 18/8 stainless steel Precision-fit parts and seamless construction Lexan percolator top Great for brewing coffee in even the most remote locations, our Stainless Steel Cool Touch Coffee Pots boast a 600˚ silicone handle that remains cool to the touch when serving hot beverages. Pots are crafted of durable 18/8 stainless steel with a Lexan percolator top. Precision-fit parts and seamless construction ensure long-lasting performance. Each coffee pot includes a two-piece basket percolator system.
Holy cow, what a precise and fast answer! Seriously, I hope you enjoy it and look forward to reading posts of the "break-in" period!
I think it will be next week when we get it, the wife actually ordered a grinder with some coffee beans, I don't think the lady comes with it.
I like the percs since the coffee seems a little "thicker" when you drink it. Paper filters seem to take out more of the goodness out of the cup. A good cup has that little sludge/grit at the bottom. Make any sense?
I have one like that and have used it on the wood stove a few times. It works well and perks fast. If the cap is glass, you may want to get an extra one, they break easily.
They are great. I've got the old model. I'd recommend getting another lexan top, though. Yep.... This is what I have. Plus don't tighten all the way down just snug will do. Also the smell of the percolating coffee smell so much better....
We have a plug-in perculator that we use for everyday coffee. We both love perked coffee. This one you bought looks well made, let me know how it works. I may want one for camping, our cheap camping perculator doesn't perk well. Greg
Love the perked coffee at the hunt camp but we need to start it (getting it perking) on the kitchen stove and then we're able to finish it off and keep it hot on the wood stove.
Everything came in on Saturday so we're just waiting for some nice cool weather or maybe this weekend so we can make some coffee.