Well, as some of you know there has been a battle here in So. Jersey from the air nazi's who think I and a few others are soley to blame for global warming and destroying the planet. I just wrote a letter to the news paper and it starts out as… "What, no complaints now"! I mentioned the fact of the several million acres that have burned by wild fires through out the country, the 90 milling BBQ grills going every weekend and the 350 million lawn cutting devices running all summer. I also stated that they are completely mindless and before they make a fool of themselves they need to go back and look at the summer before they complain about anyones wood stove. I had too, It's been driving me nut's all year! I will post the article when they publish it, I got an e-mail stating they will publish it on the week of the 15th. Boy, I can't wait for the hate mail!!!
Yup, and to top it off, even more people are OUTSIDE in the summer...not so much when it is approaching 0 and snowing.
Do your air nazis have numbers? We don't many issues with what you are dealing with in Mass but I wonder how many wood burners they are talking about.
be prepared for retaliation. Property tax review, building permits, certificate of occupancy, zoning issues....................
You know, we have a lot of land up here. Some so isolated that there aren't even power lines on the roads. You are welcome to come up here anytime you want. You don't get too many jerks living in the really rural areas because that requires work. Aos there isn't an audience for their venomous spewing. this could be yours!
Well I don't know about anyone else but around here for the last couple of weeks there has been a lot of nasty crap floating around in the air from all the fireworks in the neighborhood and everywhere
Baked beans should be banned as they cause a lot of noxious emissions upon consumption from millions of people eating them at backyard grill outs.
I understand what you posted and it makes sense. I do think we still need to keep encouraging others to burn clean....using seasoned wood, etc. That way there us less ammo for these people to use against us.
I couldn't agree more Schlot, for the record you can "barely" see anything coming from my flue. I "ONLY" burn two to three year old wood and have made special modifications to my old fisher to make it burn clean! Yes, its labled as the old "smoke dragon" but you would never know it!
Isn't that a great sight....not seeing heavy smoke? My first year burning I burnt way too wet cottonwood, and it wasn't a pretty sight. Now I've got stacks of wood that has ends that are, weathered, gray and cracked! Barely any smoke to be seen = no complaints from my neighbors!
Only complaint I have had from neighbors was from across the street. I was burning a lot of Maple. The gal across the street complained she gained 20 pounds because she would let the dogs out and get that maple scent -then think pancakes.
I cold have gummy bears and red roses coming out of my chimney and I "PROMISE" you, someone will complain. After 50 years of dogs being on the beach here, the newest "move in from the city folk" complained about dogs and guess what.... Yup, they got banned!