Was cutting some yesterday wearing glasses not contacts. Got some dust in my eyes and made the mistake of rubbing my eye. I know it's better to rinse your eyes in water if you get dust in them. Hoping that this irritation heals by tomorrow. Learned a lesson.
Might be worth your time to see a doc tomorrow. I had one as a kid. Was given antibiotic drops and another kind. They hoped the scratches would heal and they did, but they may/may not depending on your scratch, and I know you do alot of reading for a living, don't risk it.
Got blasted in the factory with brake fluid one time that was not great, eyewash station was not far away, partner helped me out, I was pretty much blind at the time
Ya sure it was just dust? Few years ago I actually had a chip get stuck in my eye while cutting without glasses. Thought it was just some dust but two days later I could barely open the eye.
Get some Visine drops! I was mowing a week ago and somehow got dust or something behind my sunglasses and also made the mistake of rubbing it. It was pretty painful for a few days, and even a few more past that my vision would get a little foggy towards the evening. The worst might have been waking up in the mornings with my eye sealed shut with gunk! But the eye drops helped with the pain quite a bit!
My eye is doing better today. Almost can't even feel it now. Was still tender this morning, but it seems better now. For anybody with dust, just remember to open your eye with your fingers and flush if you can.