In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

This week...........

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by thewoodlands, May 31, 2015.

  1. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I'll grab another topped off Beech which is next to the one we pulled down, after this is done I'll be heading up top to make my trail to that nice size Sugar Maple.

    I'll be doing some chipping this week so I can level off a stacking area so I can get stacking.

    Picture 7668 is the Sugar I'll be working on soon!
     

    Attached Files:

  2. Gary_602z

    Gary_602z

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,464
    Likes Received:
    12,340
    Location:
    Lake Odessa, Michigan
    Looks like that Maple is growing at a 45° angle out of that level ground there!:)

    Gary
     
  3. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    Cut em up and drag em out and the heat is on :saw::tree::axe::stacke::fire:
     
    gboutdoors, Horkn and thewoodlands like this.
  4. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Once I get up top I'll see how I'll drag the rounds up, either build a dray or drop some money on some nice log skidding tongs.
     
    Backwoods Savage and HDRock like this.
  5. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Just how I like them, that will be a nice area to work.
     
    Backwoods Savage, Horkn and HDRock like this.
  6. Greenstick

    Greenstick

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2014
    Messages:
    2,400
    Likes Received:
    12,276
    Location:
    Carrington North Dakota-aka-Dakotah Territory
    Flying monkey power to lift them out would be cool.
     
    Horkn likes this.
  7. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,173
    Likes Received:
    166,455
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    You to the words right out of my head. Goofy knot heads.:loco: :crazy::thumbs:

    You are working hard on your stash thewoodlands .

    Good job!
     
  8. wishlist

    wishlist Guest

    I want to see those stacks. Still can't put woodlands and zap as one of the same? But I will know for sure woodlands is zap when the stack looks laser leveled and every piece of wood is exactly the same length + / - 1/32 " !!!!