In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

.45 acp on special..

Discussion in 'The Game Room' started by Beetle-Kill, May 8, 2015.

  1. Beetle-Kill

    Beetle-Kill

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2013
    Messages:
    4,102
    Likes Received:
    19,559
    Location:
    Near the Divide, Colorado
    www.freedommunitions.com-
    200 gr. ball ammo on special right now. 50 rnds. for $15.26.
    Got 300 on their way, seem's a good price.
     
  2. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    seems like a good price. you shoot 200 gr. often?
    I always use 230 gr. never tried the 200
     
    Beetle-Kill and wildwest like this.
  3. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,644
    Likes Received:
    144,583
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    Thanks for the heads up!
     
    Beetle-Kill likes this.
  4. Beetle-Kill

    Beetle-Kill

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2013
    Messages:
    4,102
    Likes Received:
    19,559
    Location:
    Near the Divide, Colorado
    Give a try, it will depend on what it's cycling through I would guess.
    I've got a little Star- Firestar in .45 in a bug- out box, that's what this stuff is for initially. It has always eaten everything I've tried.
    If it works, I'll grab some more. Wait and see I guess. ;)
     
  5. GrJfer

    GrJfer

    Joined:
    Apr 29, 2014
    Messages:
    2,159
    Likes Received:
    14,075
    Location:
    The Woods of Arkansas
    How do you like the firestar? I had a star in 9mm back in the late 80's. Great shooter, wish I never got rid of it.
     
    Beetle-Kill likes this.
  6. Beetle-Kill

    Beetle-Kill

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2013
    Messages:
    4,102
    Likes Received:
    19,559
    Location:
    Near the Divide, Colorado
    I had a M-43 (9mm) a long time ago, it was great, just chunky. Same for this M-45 (.45acp). But the heft helps with recoil and it's accurate enough for what it is.
    I actually don't shoot it much. It stays in it's box.
     
    wildwest likes this.