This is how it looked at the start: There were some others that are not in this picture. But a group of guys came to help the Backwoods Savage and it is a good thing they did else this job may not have got done for a while. My heartfelt thanks go out to Amateur Cutter (AC), moderater Pallet Pete, and Wishlist. These guys did a terrific job with practically no help from me. Our new neighbors wanted some pines taken out along with a few other odds and ends. Wishlist will end up with a goodly amount of this wood which he will be using next spring while making maple syrup. I'll no doubt end up with the rest. Here are a few more pictures. First up, AC, getting ready to start. Temperature was around 18 or 19 at the time. Was a beautiful day. That is Pete's pickup to the left. AC, Pete in the bucket and neighbor Ron in tractor. Wishlist and the first load going out. He had to hurry off to work. AC felling. Pete supervising, and our neighbors, Ron & Rose. Pete checking out Wishlist's truck.
Brush being hauled out. More brush going out. Almost done. Temperature beginning to drop. One I cut on a different neighbor's place. One more to come down.
Sounds like a good time with some good company. Outside work in the 20s isn't so bad so long as the wind isn't howling. I prefer it to sweating away in the summer sun. Anybody go home with a Charlie Brown Xmas tree?
Good company for sure and Paul, you are right about the 20's for cutting. This was more in the open than what we normally cut so we did feel some wind but was not really bad. Chvymn, it should have been a lot of fun but unfortunately for me it was not. It was one of my worst hurting days so I did practically nothing; had to let the others do the work. Sometimes that is tough to take but we are still thankful.
Great job and pics! You Michigan people really band together and I like that! Keep up the good work ! Ray
That was a good time yesterday. First time meeting Bob/Wishlist. Super guy! Had a good time, great meal & company. I wasn't even too annoyed by the pine tar on my saws. Stupid trees are messy. Ron & Rose are two very nice people. Dennis, sometimes moral support is as big a help as anything. Thanks for a good time! A C
Oh, & I feel compelled to ad that all the trees are down, & the power lines are still up. Jack, the instruments in your pic are bigger than mine.