Not this one, this is at the bottom of the hill. I think the one your talking about is the beech across from this, that his on the side of the hill, I'll find out tomorrow how steep it is.
Post number 7 is the beech. http://firewoodhoardersclub.com/forums/index.php?threads/work-for-saturday.1512/
Not yet but it's coming. I think we might miss the ice on Monday morning, were thinking it's just snow. Were sitting at 23 degrees tonight, the wife feels like chit (a touch of the flu, our guess) so I'm burning down the hemlock coals so I can load it up with cherry. The sugar maple & beech will be saved for this colder weather coming in, we'll use it in the morning and at night, during the day we'll burn the cherry. Since I have the gates up I'm thinking of cutting some of the easier downed stuff with some dead standing. One tree a day will keep the oil man away.
No wind with sun here today woodlands and will be doing some splitting Pretty much the same forecast for you? loon
It was another great day in the woods, perfect day for c/s/s. Pic 8285 is after I cut the downed sugar maple, 8286 is the first load heading back, 8288 is a picture of the round , 8289 is the last of it, 8291 is the sun shining through, 8292 is back at the splitter, 8293 is the stuff I cut today plus some other wood, 8294 & 95 an one other area will need to be cleaned up before winter really comes in.
Great pictures, even looks like a quiet day in the woods. Those rounds look perfect. Good day's work Zap!
It was very quiet except for the blue jays, not one shot fired on the last day of rifle season. It looks like we'll get some snow all week, not much unless the Lake Effect moves north from Watertown. I'm not sure what will be going on this week or weekend but I still have some stacking that needs to be done, some Hemlock in the woods that will need splitting and about 3/4 of a cord of shoulder season wood that needs stacking. I have a dead elm (just my guess) that I would like to c/s/s that is in the area where the snowmobile trail is coming through.
I have to get done the red oak from a bit ago. The mud during the day sucks, then it freezes at night. After today, we should have a good freeze to allow working again w/o eroding my processing area.
looking good as always, Woody. We're almost finished with the big oak job we started Thanksgiving week. 13 big oaks, hauled a TON of it out of there so far (4 loads from the backyard last month, 5 loads yesterday and still have around 3 full trailerloads yet to get out......). I'll take some pics of my share of the wood tomorrow. My buddy ended up with as much as I did.
Well Seasoned; not any mud up here around the stacks, the temps are about to take a dive. Gasifier; looks like we'll get another week or weekend in the woods, unless that Lake Effect moves north. Locust Post; I have a few small things to take care of around the trails, then we're ready for some sledding, just need a chit load more of the snow. Scotty Overkill; we'll be looking forward to the pictures. That Oak scrounge (two years ago)of mine might get moved to another area for the winter. We had some wind gust last night, you could hear it coming down the stack when I started the fire on top of some coals ( got up late to start the last fire) I won the battle against the wind so we never did get smoke coming back down, but I did have to leave the air open a bit more than usual.