In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Well fracking

Discussion in 'The DIY Room' started by bushpilot, Apr 22, 2015.

  1. bushpilot

    bushpilot

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2015
    Messages:
    3,240
    Likes Received:
    14,366
    Location:
    Eastern Washington
    Has anyone here ever fracked a water well? If so, how well did it work, and would you do it again?

    Our seems to be running dry, and I am tempted to try it rather than drilling another, because of the cost difference.

    Greg
     
    wildwest likes this.
  2. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,660
    Likes Received:
    144,641
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
  3. chris

    chris

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2013
    Messages:
    3,168
    Likes Received:
    11,288
    Location:
    SE WI
    I have never done it my self, uncle dropped a 1/4 stick of dynamite with a lit fuse down the farm well one summer back in the 50's- seemed to work that time. But I do not have that much memory of it - it was a hand pump well for the stock. out in the back 40
     
  4. Gary_602z

    Gary_602z

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,464
    Likes Received:
    12,340
    Location:
    Lake Odessa, Michigan
    Years ago I knew a well guy that always carried a .22 pistol with him that he would shoot down the wells (shallow,I believe) to help clean the screen.

    Gary
     
  5. bushpilot

    bushpilot

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2015
    Messages:
    3,240
    Likes Received:
    14,366
    Location:
    Eastern Washington
    Yep, that works sometimes. :hair::bug::binoculars:



    Greg
     
    milleo likes this.
  6. JustWood

    JustWood Guest

    Did you watch part 2 and 3 ????? !!!!!!!!!! Holyphaq !:bug::bug::bug::bug::jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw:
     
    milleo likes this.
  7. bushpilot

    bushpilot

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2015
    Messages:
    3,240
    Likes Received:
    14,366
    Location:
    Eastern Washington
    Yep, lots of humor to be found in the three videos.:rofl: :lol:

    Greg
     
    swags likes this.