In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Shag Bark Oak

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by chris, Apr 18, 2015.

  1. chris

    chris

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2013
    Messages:
    3,168
    Likes Received:
    11,288
    Location:
    SE WI
    New name to me-- used by a local tree farm in their advertisement- never heard of it before so did some research-- White Oak
     
  2. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,178
    Likes Received:
    166,471
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    Chris, you are down by where I live. What place had called it that?


    I've never heard that name before. The only shag bark I know is hickory.
     
    My IS heats my home likes this.
  3. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    I've never heard white oak referred as that either, hmmm
     
    Horkn likes this.
  4. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,178
    Likes Received:
    166,471
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin

    There are some odd folks down here in SE Wisconsin.
     
    My IS heats my home likes this.
  5. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    We got em up here too, giving names to things that bring them back to olden days. I kinda like that, and where the names and history comes from, it tells a story.
     
    Horkn likes this.
  6. chris

    chris

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2013
    Messages:
    3,168
    Likes Received:
    11,288
    Location:
    SE WI
    Was on CL, me either that's what prompted the research- shop NW corner of Milw. home in SE corner of Brkfd bit of a jaunt everyday specially when the nasty white stuff is accumulating. Sometimes one of those tracked snow machines would be a better choice of transport.
     
    Horkn and My IS heats my home like this.