Well I think the combustion blower on my Hastings bit the dust. It's been making a little bit of noise with a slight vibration for a few weeks. The other night the vibration got alot worse so I shut the stove down and took the blower out to oil it but even after oiling it still vibrates. After a quick Google search I came across this option for a replacement. I wouldn't mind quieting the stove down a little but it's almost twice the price of a standard replacement. Just wondering if anyone has any input on these blowers? http://www.eastcoasthearth.com/prod...ust-blower-combusion-draft-replacement-pp7695
You're looking at the upgrade kit that I'm contemplating on for my Fahrenheit furnace, slightly different. It would be up to you to decide which way to go. Do you really need the upgrade kit is the question? If you mention you're a member of this forum, you should get a discount
Don hooked me up with a new combustion blower and impeller for my Fahrenheit and also a 45° piece for my Selkirk DT on my Enerzone this past year.
Hi Dexter How is the Selkirk DT? My DT seems to keep the ash nice and fluffy so there is not nearly as much hard black carbon buildup on the burnpot.
It's doing well. I have diconnected and reconnected the OAK a couple times for different trials. This Enerzone has so much airflow, that whether it's hooked up or not, I get a very complete burn.. And I have both of my blowers turned as low as they will go and I still spew small pellets out of the pot (to much air still). It's a good problem to have!! I thought my Quad had a great airflow and kept the pot clean, this stove is simply amazing!! I cleaned the stove last week for the 1st time in a long time. The glass is before I cleaned it . It's not that the glass is "black". There is just an abundance of ash so that light won't shine through. I went a couple months without cleaning
Wow, a couple of months without cleaning, that is great! You can still see the flame! After working on a SBI hybrid 45 and 35 MF, I know what you mean about too much airflow! My 45 customer said he has to close the damper completely so the igniter will light the pellets on startup and then open it some for the Run cycle! Can u damper down the incoming fresh air?
I cleaned my glass last Saturday for the first time sine Jan. 8th. A large area of the center of the glass was still clear.