In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Coons!!!

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Stinny, Apr 3, 2015.

  1. Greenstick

    Greenstick

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2014
    Messages:
    2,400
    Likes Received:
    12,276
    Location:
    Carrington North Dakota-aka-Dakotah Territory
    Found if you don't want to catch catz n dogs in live traps bait them with black oil sunflower seeds used for feeding birds. Coons can't resist them.
     
    Chvymn99 and wildwest like this.
  2. Greenstick

    Greenstick

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2014
    Messages:
    2,400
    Likes Received:
    12,276
    Location:
    Carrington North Dakota-aka-Dakotah Territory
    OTE="mike bayerl, post: 297863, member: 1935"]Love our fox. Even though he certainly picks off some of our chickens, his main diet is mice and other vermin. We have bad Lyme disease here,so any thing that kills mice is our friend.[/QUOTE]
    Isnt lyme carried by tick not mouse? Or r ya thinkin hanta virus.
     
    wildwest likes this.
  3. jetjr

    jetjr

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2014
    Messages:
    3,233
    Likes Received:
    8,953
    Location:
    Pa/Md line
    Isnt lyme carried by tick not mouse? Or r ya thinkin hanta virus.[/QUOTE]
    I think mice may be a host and its transmitted by ticks. I think most any mammal can be a host.
     
    Stinny likes this.
  4. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    I think mice may be a host and its transmitted by ticks. I think most any mammal can be a host.[/QUOTE]

    Yep... they ride in on mice and chippys... :headbang: