Sunday started the week nicely with snow falling. We got enough to cover the ground but probably not more than an inch or two and it didn't stay long. Last night at the township meeting I learned that 8 miles to our east they got 4" of snow then. Okay, Tuesday morning I got up to see everything all white again. Talking to a friend who lives about 50 miles from us and he got 6" of snow that morning. About 20 miles north of him they got 8" of snow. Through this, we could go 10 miles south or west and no snow had fell. Crazy! Then came Wednesday (yesterday) and it was a beautiful sunny 60 degrees! Best day so far this year. Now I'm looking at the forecast. Friday night I see rain/snow. Then Saturday night through Monday more rain/snow. A few nights below freezing but not all that bad. Welcome to Spring in Michigan. Worry not, we've had it much worse and probably will again in the future.
I could go for a drought. It's been 3 years. I miss it. (Warm but raining here. Same goofball weather but mostly wet conditions.)
I'm feeling for the folks in CA dealing with the continued drought. If the weather patterns we had this winter continue those folks could be on a water lockdown for a long time. The news was saying their snowfall this year was less than half of the normal amounts they usually get and that they depend on the snow for up to 1/3 of the water supply.
Yep... they're in very big trouble in Calif. Whatever they do will be way too little, way too late. The exodus of that state will be arriving at a home near us this summer, where ever we live on the planet. Bet we'll here a lot about a "housing bubble" there too, but it'll be caused more from just the lack of water and people having to leave. Sad. It will affect many.
Agreed. I believe the increased populations are affecting all the resources and this situation will be the first of many. With the warmer months ahead of us, I think you will see the west coast state in the news on a regular basis. Look at Lake Meade in Nevada, another crisis ongoing.
News said Calif has 1.5 million swimming pools... I'm thinking that prolly isn't going to add to the value of any of the homes.
Don't be surprised, you may see the covers going over the pools to limit evaporation and those becoming personal water sources.
The big one needs to happen soon, before all those nutjobs infest the rest of the country. Heck with building a fence on the border, build a fence to keep the kooks in california. They could have solved their water problems long ago, but they didn't. They'd rather have a high speed rail system to nowhere.
There are a lot of GOOD people in California, too.......I can tell you we've got some screwballs running my state as well...lol
Exactly. My wife is from nor cal, and I lived in southern Cali for a few years. I have to say northern Cali is essentially a different state that the south.
I'm going to get my motorcycle out from the front of the garage as it's winter storage spot, and move it on the side of the garage where the snowblower goes for winter. Snowblower goes in the lower shed for spring/ summer and early fall. We only have a 2 car garage. Until I add a bigger garage, that's all I can do to make the bike accessible for riding season. I take the bike to work quite a bit as the car gets half the mpg the bike does.
So what will come first out there. Endangered species like some guppy or frog, or will they look to save their farmers etc.
It has been a different bit of weather here as well Dennis. So far we have not had a really fast melting though. And that can be a good thing. Slow and steady. The frost is deep in some areas.