In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Cheat River Hardwood Pellet review chatter thread

Discussion in 'The Pellet Bag' started by slvrblkk, Mar 21, 2015.

  1. slvrblkk

    slvrblkk

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    6,647
    Likes Received:
    29,535
    Location:
    Northampton, PA
  2. ttdberg

    ttdberg Pellet Pig

    Joined:
    Apr 3, 2014
    Messages:
    3,596
    Likes Received:
    16,002
    Location:
    CT
    Thanks Steve. Never seen these around here. If they do make it up this way, I will grab a few bags for testing too!
     
    slvrblkk and IHATEPROPANE like this.
  3. IHATEPROPANE

    IHATEPROPANE

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2013
    Messages:
    4,678
    Likes Received:
    19,110
  4. slvrblkk

    slvrblkk

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    6,647
    Likes Received:
    29,535
    Location:
    Northampton, PA
    I hope that is the case...
     
  5. slvrblkk

    slvrblkk

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    6,647
    Likes Received:
    29,535
    Location:
    Northampton, PA
    tt...if you see this Appalachian Pellet bag, I believe it's the same pellet as the Cheat's.....

    [​IMG]
     
    IHATEPROPANE likes this.
  6. ttdberg

    ttdberg Pellet Pig

    Joined:
    Apr 3, 2014
    Messages:
    3,596
    Likes Received:
    16,002
    Location:
    CT
    I have burned those before. Back in 2009 I think. It's been a while but I do not recall having any issues with them.
     
    jtakeman likes this.
  7. will711

    will711

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    10,270
    Likes Received:
    50,828
    Location:
    Pocono Mts.
    I've burned 4 different batches over the years first one was ok ,2nd was junk ,last years re bagged TSC house brand were good and the one you just tested Steve ,I thought was pretty good too. Maybe they got their chit together , personally I wouldn't get more than few bags to try ,before I bought 1/2 ton or more YMMV .
     
    ttdberg and slvrblkk like this.
  8. jtakeman

    jtakeman Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,314
    Likes Received:
    55,513
    Location:
    NW CT foothills
    They also burned well for me too. Much like the SC.

    I wish I saved the UPC.................
     
    ttdberg likes this.
  9. imacman

    imacman

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2013
    Messages:
    6,633
    Likes Received:
    27,528
    Location:
    Denver, NC
    X2.....these were terrible in the past. Lowes had them last year, and it took a LONG time before the ton was gone.
     
    ttdberg and IHATEPROPANE like this.
  10. imacman

    imacman

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2013
    Messages:
    6,633
    Likes Received:
    27,528
    Location:
    Denver, NC
    Not sure about that.......maybe jtakeman can enlighten us.
     
    ttdberg and IHATEPROPANE like this.
  11. will711

    will711

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    10,270
    Likes Received:
    50,828
    Location:
    Pocono Mts.
    They are the same did a google search both brands come up with the same owner and corporate address in WV.