Got started on a few logs this morning. Then it started to rain. So I took a break and dropped a couple chains at the Woodchop Shop to be sharpened. Now it has stopped raining and it's time to get back in the woods.
I got back in for a bit and felled two more trees. One bigger, one smaller. Limmed everything and got it cut to lengths. Time to go retrieving. With the Orange retriever! Wind is up again.
Same here. Backed off some yesterday, but it's back today and cooler by about 20 degs. Sunny though, so that's gooder.
Thanks papadave ... hey... I found 4 dumptrucks cheap in case you need a firewood hauler... or... a laugh... (lucky drivers) Aiiiii yiiiii yiiiiii
The sun came out here and should be coming to you Stinny. And wind went down, then back up. But I was able to get some work done.
So for this round of logs I am now up to 6 logs at 24-30 feet. And several smaller ones. I will cut the longer ones down to 24 foot and use the rest as firewood. Not bad for two days of 4-5 hours. I did lose some time today getting some things cleared and out of the way. And learning a few lessons on rigging the logs and moving them around with the tractor in the snow. Always learning something doing these types of things.
I am also taking the time to cut some wood when I drop a small Ash or small or dead White Pine. My new path is leading to an area that has a lot of nice Ash for firewood and some big enough for logs as well. So I hope to cut some more logs this coming weekend and gather some firewood to boot.
Thanks. I had a great time today. Can't wait until this weekend so I can do it again. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.
I hope so too but it's not lookin to good for us. Wet snow/rain and freezing rain coming friday into saturday