In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Firewood tractors

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by D2082, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Cantoo

Cantoo

Mastermind, I have 60 folders, multiple subfolders but just too many cross items. Found them in the Equipment folder --> auctions items, because I bought it at an auction. Then after I rewelded and repurposed it I put the new pics in the Firewood folder. I buy stuff and redo it for my purpose and take lots of pictures (poor memory) so it's hard to find a specific item.
    Here is a typical auction load for me. Can't see all in the picture but here is a breakdown.
    10 hp walk behind snowblower, concrete mixer, conduit for own drains, shop cart, 5 yellow shop carts, workbench, 2 dog houses, plastic storage box, half skid of red hooks, skidsteer bucket a tire and rim. The red cart and ramps I took with me.

IMG-20130601-02333.jpg

Redneckchevy, NYCountry, Sam and 4 others like this.
  2. Mastermind

Mastermind

I hear ya........as organized as I try to be......I still lose pics.

You wouldn't believe how many saw pics I have on my shop computer, and on an eternal drive. It's just crazy.

3. Cantoo

Cantoo

1st pic is my post hole digger lifter hauling a piece of wood for my OWB, If it's green it burns. Looks like the dog is about to add "fluid" to the rear tire on my tractor.
    The rear log lifter, dragger, trailer puller, stump puller attachment I made starting with a 3 prong rear round bale carrier. The weight box hooks onto it without having to get off the tractor. And yes I usually use chains year around in the bush, does less damage to the ground.

IMG-20120625-01057.jpg IMG_00001781.jpg IMG_00001780.jpg IMG_00001779.jpg IMG_00001778.jpg IMG_00001768.jpg

Gasifier, Stinny, D2082 and 7 others like this.
  4. RockyFordOak78

RockyFordOak78

Farmall 130 from either 1956 or 57 I believe.

boettg33 likes this.
  5. Sunfish

Sunfish

I've been loggin with a L3800DT for a few years now. Love it! Down sized from an older Kubota we used for the last 15 years. This little 3800 is small enough to really get through the woods, but strong enough to get the job done. I need to get some pics of it workin...

Hedgerow and Deacon like this.
  6. Machria

Machria

Man, that thing looks like it could double as one of those Boeing 747 pullers at the ramp!

Make sure you have them BACKED UP!! (I'm an IT guy! ;) ) Can't tell ya how many peoples hard disks go bad/crash and they loose everything cause there are no backup!

A GREAT, easy home storage "server" and/or backup device is made by Buffalo Technology. Get yourself a dual disk Buffalo Linkstation 420 (or similar model) with 2 disk drives in it, and set to Raid 1 (mirrors the 2 drives). You can store up to 8 Terabytes in Raid level 1 mode. If either hard disk crashes, the other takes over (with nothing lost). Just pull the disk out, stick in a new one and it's up and running in Raid level 1 again. They sell for about $200 to $300, WELL worth it. Just plop it on your home network and access it from any of your home devices (iphone, ipad, laptop, PC ....)

http://www.buffalotech.com/products/network-storage/home-and-small-office/linkstation-420-1

7. Cantoo

Cantoo

Good advice Machria, I had 100's of pics on the other tree site and during the Great Hacking Incident they were all lost. I never had a lot of the pictures backed up. I also had a computer mess up and lost lots. I had tons of pics on disc but you know how they work so well.

8. FredRed

FredRed

<hijack>
    What was that incident?
    </hijack>

9. fuelrod

fuelrod

Attached Files:

10. FarmHand78

FarmHand78

Wholly log lifter Batman! Fuelrod you need to post some specs on that beast. Nice:thumbs:

concretegrazer and Gunn like this.
  11. D2082

D2082

That is a firewood gathering BEAST!! :dex:

concretegrazer likes this.
  12. D2082

D2082

Alright alright you all have gotten me into wanting to look around the equipment lot and see what I can round up and make into something like this. Awesome stuff here Cantoo....

13. Cantoo

Cantoo

Fuelrod, now that's a KUBOTA.

Deacon and fuelrod like this.
  14. Cantoo

Cantoo

D2082, lots of old equipment can be remade to do what you need to do for very little cost. My other brother in law has a winch and says I can use it anytime I want. I really don't have a need for one as there are no hills and I can back up to almost every tree. There are wet sections but I can do them in the middle of summer when it's dry enough or use the Steiner and wiggle my way into tight spots.

D2082 likes this.
  15. FarmHand78

FarmHand78

If necessity is the mother of invention... FHC is the seed that wild arse ideas grow from!:rofl: :lol::thumbs:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
    Stinny, concretegrazer and cnice_37 like this.
  16. fuelrod

fuelrod

The only spec I have is on the winch. It's an 8000# Ramsey Hydraulic. I built the rest and I'm still "testing" it out!:thumbs:
    So far I'm very happy with it.

Hedgerow and concretegrazer like this.
  17. Machria

Machria

I always thought it was: FHC is the seed that empty's the wallet!

Deacon likes this.
  18. fox9988

fox9988

image.jpg
    Yanmar 1720D, homemade forks. Im spoiled to cutting off the "saw horses". And pushing brush with the forks.

Gasifier, Thor, Well Seasoned and 9 others like this.
  19. FarmHand78

FarmHand78

That little Yanmar looks like it should be tipping forward with the log on there... nice set up... and it has a Cummins.... respect!

fox9988 likes this.
  20. fox9988

fox9988

Without the box blade on the back, it would be tipping. I've drove it across the field with the back tires floating in the air 90% of the time, more than once.
    The Cummins is in the Dodge :D, 3 banger Yanmar diesel in the tractor.