In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

headed up north for 40th bday and snowmobiling

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Horkn, Mar 4, 2015.

  1. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,179
    Likes Received:
    166,490
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    We leave tomorrow to go up north and get probably one last hurrah for snowmobiling this year, based on the temps the forecast is showing next week.

    I also turn 40 on Sunday, so a couple friends are coming up to join us with their sleds. I'll take pictures. There may be some alcohol consumed at home, and maybe ice fishing too. There's no WiFi at the cottage, so I'll be back more after Sunday.
     
  2. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,731
    Likes Received:
    224,507
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    Be safe!
     
    wildwest, TurboDiesel and Horkn like this.
  3. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,179
    Likes Received:
    166,490
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    Definitely. No partying until we are home.
     
    wildwest likes this.
  4. schlot

    schlot

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    5,256
    Likes Received:
    30,504
    Location:
    NW Iowa
    Sounds like a blast. Where is "north" for you?
     
    wildwest and Horkn like this.
  5. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,179
    Likes Received:
    166,490
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin

    Tomahawk. I've spent a ton of time, literally growing up as a kid up there in summer, and fall, and really anytime I could get up there. I spent a lot of time with my grandpa at his cabin there.
     
  6. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    You have a blast. I hope you are right about the weather turning.
    I never got into sledding. Too bad, because I live next to a power line that has a trail that goes way up north.
    I was always too busy working and couldn't spring loose the money for a dependable sled and the gear. ( 4 kids ).
    Happy birthday!
     
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  7. Beetle-Kill

    Beetle-Kill

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2013
    Messages:
    4,102
    Likes Received:
    19,559
    Location:
    Near the Divide, Colorado
    Happy B-day in advance. Check your brakes, after 40 it's all downhill. ;)
     
  8. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,179
    Likes Received:
    166,490
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    At my house, 3.5 hrs south, next week will be near 50 a couple days in a row. Well, so says the weatherman. It will be 29 Friday and Saturday up north. I think it will get over freezing a couple days next week even up north.

    Uh, 40, I hope that doesn't mean I need to grow up.:eek:
     
  9. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Happy Birthday, and have a good and safe time. Enjoy your time unplugged!
     
    wildwest and Horkn like this.
  10. schlot

    schlot

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    5,256
    Likes Received:
    30,504
    Location:
    NW Iowa
    Sounds like some great memories!

    Never been that far east of Hayward. Been to Ladysmith a few times and through Hurley to the north but not to Tomahawk.
     
    wildwest and Horkn like this.
  11. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,336
    Location:
    Central PA
    Happy birthday buddy!! Be safe, have fun and get us some pics!

    I turn 42 next weekend.....ugh......
     
  12. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    Auh 42... that is perty old... :rofl: :lol:
     
  13. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    Hey Horkn ... have a ball up nort dare. No WiFi at the camp just shows good plannin'. Happy B-day.
     
    Backwoods Savage and wildwest like this.
  14. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,179
    Likes Received:
    166,490
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    Thanks guys!
     
    wildwest likes this.
  15. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,524
    Likes Received:
    95,590
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Have a Happy Birthday. Looking forward to seeing the pics.
     
    campinspecter, wildwest and Horkn like this.
  16. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,239
    Likes Received:
    97,553
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    We rode out of Eagle River to Copper Harbor. Very nice area
     
    Backwoods Savage, wildwest and Horkn like this.
  17. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,669
    Likes Received:
    144,700
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    Have a blast ol' fart :p
     
    Backwoods Savage, schlot and Horkn like this.
  18. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,179
    Likes Received:
    166,490
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    I have to do a little work preparing the 2 sleds tomorrow and help the parents out with a couple things they need me to help them with, before the friends come up Friday.
    My parents sold their home down by me, and moved into the family cottage. Have to check on the lopi endeavor upstairs, and the wood burning boiler and crown ng boiler. But I know they have some tasks for me to do as well.

    They will be taking my wife and I out for dinner Thursday night celebrating my b day early as they have a big ALS party on Saturday night in Milwaukee. So will be at opposite ends of the state, them around my house and my wife and I up there.
     
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  19. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,731
    Likes Received:
    224,507
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    Eagle river Wi. or Mi?
     
    wildwest likes this.
  20. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,239
    Likes Received:
    97,553
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    Eagle river Wi.
     
    wildwest likes this.