WOW!!! Is all I can say. This is the first I have really run it, other than some test cuts. Until today I did not really enjoy noodeling, this thing put a huge grin on my face! I can pretty much lean on the saw as hard as I can and not stall it! Noodeling with the 390 was doable bit not pleasurable. Mastermec was right these big saws really are thirsty! Noodeling with a big 84cc really drinks the fuel! A little over a tank to do this!
The last big tree I processed, we just kept pouring fuel into the 460's and covering the poor homeowners yard with noodles. It's a ton of fun.
I noticed a big difference noodling with the 460 from the 290 never ran anything bigger than the 460 though
I was ripping some poplar and getting a tank to a cut with the 660, 288, and 9010. I made 3 cuts and all 3 were empty. Those big saws will go through a lot more fuel than you're used to.
Yeah I prefer the large saws to get the work done quicker. I don't have a running saw under 88 cc here at home right now.
Noodles with little saw..... No fun. Noodles with big saw..... Lots of Fun!! Holy cow!! Nothing under 88cc!! Although, that isn't a bad thing. Much better than saying "I don't own a running saw over 45cc" Big saws Rock!'
SP125C in early May before restoration was complete.That was with a older Sugihara bar w/worn out sprocket nose & almost new .404 skip chain Filled a bushel basket in less than 2 minutes I just call it ''mulchmaker'' anymore.
Well I've got a 357 sitting there now to see what it needs this week. I may have a running saw under 90 cc soon. The 460 is waiting on a cylinder to get back from machine work
I remember a thread in the old country where a member trimmed the churches rose bushes with his MS440. Can't remember if he was trimming or leveling tho.....