In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Picked up some saws today

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by Guido Salvage, Nov 30, 2013.

  1. Guido Salvage

    Guido Salvage

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2013
    Messages:
    1,735
    Likes Received:
    4,938
    Location:
    The heart of the Bluegrass
    Took a little trip to Louisville today and came home with some saws.

    From the top left: Shindiawa 377, Wright C-70, Poulan Pro 25, Poulan 245A, Poulan 361, Shindaiwa 757, Echo 550 and Echo 3000. At the front you can see the Echo trimmer powerhead and the remnants of a roll of Carlton .404 chain he threw in.

    [​IMG]

    The Wright is a C-70 and is 7 cubes (116 cc's) and looks to be in decent shape. The protruding white handle that you see is the spark advance.

    [​IMG]

    Got a box of carbs,

    [​IMG]

    A box of Poulan 3400's and a 3700.

    [​IMG]

    Also got a few bars, the bottom three are NOS. The top one came with the Shindaiwa 757 above and I will move it to my running saw.

    [​IMG]

    Also got an Echo 610 twin in a box. The skirts on both pistons grenaded but the cylinders can be saved. I will use this saw for parts on my 2.

    [​IMG]
     
    basod, thistle and concretegrazer like this.
  2. MasterMech

    MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    9,648
    Likes Received:
    26,044
    Location:
    Greenville County SC
    Another 610....... :(
     
  3. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    What will you do with all these saws and parts Guido Salvage? Is this a hobby? Or partial business? Interesting.
     
  4. Guido Salvage

    Guido Salvage

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2013
    Messages:
    1,735
    Likes Received:
    4,938
    Location:
    The heart of the Bluegrass
    Add them to the junk I already have. I may sell some of the extra 610 parts to help out other collectors but by and large I just accumulate stuff.
     
    Loon likes this.
  5. amateur cutter

    amateur cutter

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    5,997
    Likes Received:
    48,771
    Location:
    Gun Lake MI
    Yea, & some of that is really cool stuff. That old Wright is a neat saw. Nice find Guido. A C
     
  6. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    Wish I could see the pics? Certain folks I never see their pics just question marks.??? I know the photobucket stuff never comes through on my end for some reason?
     
  7. Loon

    Loon

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    6,560
    Likes Received:
    37,138
    Location:
    North of the border

    Can you see em with this clemson?
     
  8. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    Nah they did not come thru this time either?Most times I can click the question mark and it takes me to photo bucket and I can see the pic. That's how I know photo bucket is troublesome. But these don't do anything if I click them?

    Must just be my stupid phone?
     
  9. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    Nice score my friend!

    Whatcha doin with that little top handle Echo (3000)?
     
  10. Guido Salvage

    Guido Salvage

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2013
    Messages:
    1,735
    Likes Received:
    4,938
    Location:
    The heart of the Bluegrass
    Nothing, you want it?
     
  11. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    PM inbound
     
  12. cwn877

    cwn877

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    1,174
    Likes Received:
    4,542
    Location:
    Central Pa
    Might be interested in some 610 twin parts.
     
  13. Guido Salvage

    Guido Salvage

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2013
    Messages:
    1,735
    Likes Received:
    4,938
    Location:
    The heart of the Bluegrass
    Looks like the clutch cover and starter are spoken for, I am keeping the air filters and possibly both cylinders. Both pistons grenaded, let me know what you need.
     
  14. cwn877

    cwn877

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    1,174
    Likes Received:
    4,542
    Location:
    Central Pa
    Air filter would've been one. I need the rubber cover for the front spark plug and I'll check if there is anything else thanks.
     
  15. Guido Salvage

    Guido Salvage

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2013
    Messages:
    1,735
    Likes Received:
    4,938
    Location:
    The heart of the Bluegrass
    One of my saws is missing the front plug cover as well and I have been unable to find one. The saw in a box was missing some small bits including that cover.
     
  16. cwn877

    cwn877

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    1,174
    Likes Received:
    4,542
    Location:
    Central Pa
    I guess our search continues then.