In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

English Roast slow cooked

Discussion in 'The Smokehouse' started by papadave, Feb 25, 2015.

  1. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    With red potatoes, onions, and carrots.
    Afterward, my home made apple pie. Really didn't feel like doing the real dough, so I used the pre-made dealios.
    Um, they're upside down. DOH! You get the idea.
    IMG_20150225_164709_465[1].jpg IMG_20150225_164656_354[1].jpg
     
    Woodwidow, jetjr, Stinny and 2 others like this.
  2. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,664
    Likes Received:
    144,661
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    yummmmmm
     
    XXL likes this.
  3. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,664
    Likes Received:
    144,661
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    slow cooked in oven or crock pot?
     
    XXL likes this.
  4. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    English?
     
    XXL and wildwest like this.
  5. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    I love upside down apple pie. Bout time we see some food pics from ya.
     
    papadave, XXL and wildwest like this.
  6. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    Now, I'm gonna go clean out the kitchen.
     
    XXL and wildwest like this.
  7. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,664
    Likes Received:
    144,661
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    I had to google lol.
     
    XXL likes this.
  8. XXL

    XXL

    Joined:
    Dec 28, 2014
    Messages:
    2,935
    Likes Received:
    15,702
    Location:
    Ontario, Canada
    New one for me too ;)
     
    wildwest likes this.
  9. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Food has been consumed and enjoyed while doing so.
    The roast and fixins were in the crock pot. The pie I did in a pie plate.:thumbs:
    IMG_20150225_182255_972[1].jpg IMG_20150225_182227_470[1].jpg
     
  10. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Didn't realize when taking the pic, someone stole the roast. :hair::D
    Mahhhhtha Stewart resippy for the roast.
     
    wildwest and Stinny like this.
  11. mike bayerl

    mike bayerl

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2014
    Messages:
    3,924
    Likes Received:
    22,456
    Location:
    Central PA
    Great looking meal there.
    Venison pot roast, braised and going into the slow cooker:stirpot:
    [​IMG]
     
  12. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    Looks really good Dave, :drool:Now I'm really hungry :beerbbq:
     
    wildwest, papadave and Stinny like this.
  13. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,515
    Likes Received:
    95,537
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    papadave The pics maybe upside down but that roast looks good. so does the pie.

    @mikebayert That vension roast looks good. Slow cooking must keep it from drying out.
     
    wildwest and campinspecter like this.
  14. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Yep, they were both very good.
    The pie is now history. Had the last bit with my first cup of coffee.:thumbs::D
     
    wildwest likes this.