Did you do something to celebrate Valentine's Day. Make your partner smile? Even though we are getting up in years, we still like to say and do something positive on Valentine's Day. Rather traditional, but still meaningful. We wanted to go out to eat. Due to the apocalyptic warnings about a blizzard, we went out to breakfast. Sort of a brunch. Then flowers, fancy cards, evening with chocolate covered strawberries. Not too bad for an older couple. However, the younger crowd and the commercial groups have a lot of other ideas to enhance your experience. Here is one. Not one for us, but to each their own.
I'm sad to say that I didn't even think of Valentine's Day yesterday. My wife told me last night so that straightened things out and she was happy.
Kept it simple. Stayed home and cooked for my girl. Worked on putting a shadowbox together that I bought for her. Momentos from of our first date, first vacation, etc. Kind of fun to look back on that stuff.
My wife and I went to a late lunch and then to the local bakery for some heart shaped cupcakes. Lunch was nice, we were there for nearly 2 hrs...then the bill came
I've never been into jewelry, so hubby then moved on to my next passion, house plants!! That worked great for years, when they became too hard for me to keep up with, I gave them away. The new tradition the last 5-10 years is ballons and a card, and home cooked seafood most years. I am thrilled with that though all wives have different ideas.