In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Icy living room window (pic)

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by bogydave, Nov 22, 2013.

  1. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    24°, light rain, North wind, rain hitting the living room window.
    Now imagine driving on roads with this glazed ice on them. o_O

    ice.JPG
     
  2. lukem

    lukem

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,277
    Likes Received:
    66,627
    Location:
    IN
    At least your window isn't melting it...well insulated.
     
    Certified106 likes this.
  3. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    Looks nasty outside! I hate ice!
     
    savemoney likes this.
  4. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Like your positive attitude :thumbs:
    Never thought about that , things always have something good about them. :) :)

    If it stays,
    Gonna crank up the heat, I like to see out the windows .
    OAT up to 30 , may help the iced windows melt
     
  5. fox9988

    fox9988

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,710
    Likes Received:
    8,287
    Location:
    NW Arkansas 72717
    Dave do you ever get ice storms? We get horrible build up in those conditions. I was out of electricity for 17 days in 2008 and 13 days in 2000. Trees down everywhere. Couldn't leave home without a chainsaw or you would get stranded on the road with trees falling down in front of and behind you.

    FYI- a lot of babies are born 9 months after extended power outages :D
     
  6. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    Looks Pretty dang cold Dave. Beautiful pic though.

    Driving in conditions like that, when you don't have to, is crazy!! Hope you stayed in and stayed warm :)
     
  7. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    Good thing you are ready for about anything that is thrown at you. I hate ice. I won't and don't have to drive in it. Nice being retired. I can sit it out!:popcorn:
     
    papadave and charlie like this.
  8. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Sitting here having a cold beer and reading this thread. Now I want popcorn. Thanks savemoney. :rolleyes:
     
    papadave and savemoney like this.
  9. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    We have frost and ice on the Aluminum window frames in the stove room.:mad:
    Does that count?
     
    Gasifier likes this.
  10. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    We've had some nasty ice storms.
    At least it was easy to plow the 4" of snow, slides over the ice easy.
    Still a slippery ice rink in the driveway.
    Gonna have to get some sand.
     
    papadave likes this.
  11. will711

    will711

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    10,270
    Likes Received:
    50,828
    Location:
    Pocono Mts.
    Don't like ice storms:eek: if I'm supposed to work it's hello work I'm not coming in I can afford to lose a days pay don't want to lose my life;)
     
    smoke show likes this.
  12. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    Are those single pane windows!!!
     
  13. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Double pane
     
  14. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    Oh good! Didn't think single pane would be legal in Alaska ;). Plus I figure they would of melted the ice if single pane.

    When I first saw this I thought there was going to be ice on the inside of the windows.
     
  15. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    14 was our high for the day
    -4 for tonight
    Big wood tonight
     
    firecracker_77 and papadave like this.
  16. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Load it up Dave those are some cold temps
     
    papadave likes this.
  17. firecracker_77

    firecracker_77

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,481
    Likes Received:
    3,606
    Location:
    IL
    I would cry at -4. My big boy pants aren't that big.
     
    clemsonfor likes this.