In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Thanksgiving Day Ride

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by thewoodlands, Nov 28, 2013.

  1. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    After plowing the driveway I headed back in, just a few pictures from the trip.

    Have a Happy Thanksgiving.
    Chico
     

    Attached Files:

    papadave, dylskee, thistle and 3 others like this.
  2. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Chico- Happy Thanksgiving! The forest looks absolutely stunning after a fresh snow. How much did you end up getting?
    You may get a little meltage Sunday/Monday, but not much. Some snow here again Tuesday and the little we got yesterday is melting away. Took the quads out today for a thanksgiving run, and my eldest son cracked my bumper cover:mad:, which I am not thankful for.
     
    papadave and thewoodlands like this.
  3. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Beautiful !
    What a weather change from yesterday to today.
    Think it'll melt ?
     
  4. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    Wow gorgeous pictures of a winter wonderland!
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  5. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I think we had a total of 5-6 inches from this storm, it's cold up here for the next two days, we're at eight & dropping. We're suppose to get another two inches of snow by Sunday.

    I'm not sure how long it will last but I will be working back in the woods hauling out shoulder season wood & some clean up on the edge of the trails in certain areas.
     
    Well Seasoned likes this.
  6. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    If it's like past years it will melt but this year has been cold early so I'm not sure. When we brought some wood inside early this morning some nut had his snowmobile going down the road, not much snow on the road.

    The trails won't open until Dec. 15, just after hunting season ends.
     
  7. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Thanks Certified106. The run back in with the new snow down showed me the areas on the trails that still need some work so it's sled ready.

    I hope we get some good snow so the snowmobile season gets going early, some small businesses in our area really count on it.
     
  8. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    They ride them here year round
    Across the muskeg & on lakes.
    Even have races on the water

    Wet snow that freezes may hang around a while.
    Make a good trail base.
     
  9. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    ght

    [​IMG]
    Mostly
    Cloudy
    Low: -1 °F
    Friday
    [​IMG]
    Mostly
    Sunny
    High: 18 °F
    Friday
    Night
    [​IMG]
    Mostly
    Clear
    Low: -4 °F
    Saturday
    [​IMG]
    Partly
    Sunny
    High: 26 °F
    Saturday
    Night
    [​IMG]
    Chance
    Snow
    Low: 17 °F
    Sunday
    [​IMG]
    Chance
    Snow
    High: 33 °F
    Sunday
    Night
    [​IMG]
    Chance
    Snow
    Low: 23 °F
    Monday
    [​IMG]
    Mostly
    Cloudy
    High: 31 °F
    Monday
    Night
    [​IMG]
    Mostly
    Cloudy
    Low: 18 °F
     
  10. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Yea
    Gonna hang around a while
    :)
    good thing ?
     
  11. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I just looked at the weather up to Dec. 15, not much snow but that could change.
     
  12. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,952
    Likes Received:
    52,512
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    There is not much more beautiful than fresh snow in the woods, especially in the pines. We have 2 huges pines straight behind the house and if it's winter I like some snow on the pines.
     
    dylskee likes this.
  13. dylskee

    dylskee

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2013
    Messages:
    497
    Likes Received:
    1,870
    Location:
    Central MA
    Beautiful pictures! Where are you from? We don't have any snow in the forecast for a while here in Central mass........
     
  14. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    We live in the foothills of the Adirondacks in NYS. We hit - 5 this morning.
     
    dylskee and Well Seasoned like this.
  15. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    TW I wish I where there in that beauty!
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  16. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I would put you to work! :axe:
     
    papadave and Pallet Pete like this.
  17. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    Is there any other way? Shoot I'll bring a few hundred pallets if you want!
     
    papadave and thewoodlands like this.