After plowing the driveway I headed back in, just a few pictures from the trip. Have a Happy Thanksgiving. Chico
Chico- Happy Thanksgiving! The forest looks absolutely stunning after a fresh snow. How much did you end up getting? You may get a little meltage Sunday/Monday, but not much. Some snow here again Tuesday and the little we got yesterday is melting away. Took the quads out today for a thanksgiving run, and my eldest son cracked my bumper cover, which I am not thankful for.
I think we had a total of 5-6 inches from this storm, it's cold up here for the next two days, we're at eight & dropping. We're suppose to get another two inches of snow by Sunday. I'm not sure how long it will last but I will be working back in the woods hauling out shoulder season wood & some clean up on the edge of the trails in certain areas.
If it's like past years it will melt but this year has been cold early so I'm not sure. When we brought some wood inside early this morning some nut had his snowmobile going down the road, not much snow on the road. The trails won't open until Dec. 15, just after hunting season ends.
Thanks Certified106. The run back in with the new snow down showed me the areas on the trails that still need some work so it's sled ready. I hope we get some good snow so the snowmobile season gets going early, some small businesses in our area really count on it.
They ride them here year round Across the muskeg & on lakes. Even have races on the water Wet snow that freezes may hang around a while. Make a good trail base.
ght Mostly Cloudy Low: -1 °F Friday Mostly Sunny High: 18 °F Friday Night Mostly Clear Low: -4 °F Saturday Partly Sunny High: 26 °F Saturday Night Chance Snow Low: 17 °F Sunday Chance Snow High: 33 °F Sunday Night Chance Snow Low: 23 °F Monday Mostly Cloudy High: 31 °F Monday Night Mostly Cloudy Low: 18 °F
There is not much more beautiful than fresh snow in the woods, especially in the pines. We have 2 huges pines straight behind the house and if it's winter I like some snow on the pines.
Beautiful pictures! Where are you from? We don't have any snow in the forecast for a while here in Central mass........