In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Shepards Pie

Discussion in 'The Smokehouse' started by Pallet Pete, Feb 8, 2015.

  1. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,527
    Likes Received:
    95,603
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Shepherd's pie is Campinspecter's fav food.
     
  2. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,679
    Likes Received:
    144,773
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    :rofl: :lol: I had to check my spelling on the word Shepard, always thought there was an "h" in it.....:rofl: :lol: I always had an h in it but have been spelling it with wrong vowels for my entire life :picard:
     
    Pallet Pete and Gasifier like this.
  3. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    With or without the H, sure looks to be some fine cook'n going on at Pete's place. I never get to do much cooking. I want to bake some bread. Problem is my diet won't allow much baking. Fixing a salad isn't much fun.
     
    Pallet Pete and wildwest like this.
  4. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,480
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    We eat lots o greens....... I love them but there's no way I could do greens only.
     
  5. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Eating salad is how I lost 30 lbs. Larry.
    I've gained about 5 back because I've kinda' gotten off track (happens every winter:headbang:).
    I like to put either a baked and sliced chicken breast in it or just some chicken/ham/turkey lunchmeat mixed in. Shredded Mozz, and some raisins round it out, but you could also add in some walnuts.
    Sorry, not meaning to tell you how to eat, but I love a good salad.
     
    Pallet Pete likes this.
  6. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    I'll eat salads, but they are NOT fun for me. I love carbs, but they need to cut down by 2/3 to be effective. I can't do anything a diet that isn't one I have to live with for the long term . I've done that before and it is a prescription for failure. The most balanced diet out there today is the Mediterranean Diet. Last time I was honest with myself, I lost 70 pounds and kept it off two years. I do appreciate the concern and hints.
    This is an off day for me. I am scheduled to have a colonoscopy tomorrow so today is clear liquids and laxatives. Those nuts want me to set my alarm for 3 Am and get up to drink 32 oz. of miralax. I doubt I'll get much sleep because I have to have the first dose at 7 PM today.
     
    papadave and Pallet Pete like this.
  7. eatonpcat

    eatonpcat

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2013
    Messages:
    10,299
    Likes Received:
    58,659
    Location:
    Eaton Township, OH
    Without the H it would be Separds Pie!! :rolleyes:
     
    Pallet Pete likes this.
  8. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    I really don't like the word diet, simply because it generally denotes a short term solution for a long term problem.
    I think of weight loss as more of a lifestyle change. I'm still trying my darnedest to completely change my lifestyle.:headbang:
     
    Pallet Pete likes this.
  9. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    So true, I'm hoping I change my eating habits. Lost too much of my autonomy already. Need to turn things around.
     
    Pallet Pete and papadave like this.