In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

The Adventures of Kevin the Kindling Stick

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by schlot, Feb 1, 2015.

  1. schlot

    schlot

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    5,256
    Likes Received:
    30,504
    Location:
    NW Iowa
    My wife was one of them! :)
     
    XXL, Jack Straw and wildwest like this.
  2. schlot

    schlot

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    5,256
    Likes Received:
    30,504
    Location:
    NW Iowa
    Thanks....I think?! :)
     
    wildwest, jetjr and concretegrazer like this.
  3. schlot

    schlot

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    5,256
    Likes Received:
    30,504
    Location:
    NW Iowa
    Excellent idea...however Kevin has now retained an agent and the they are working on trademarking the series, so be careful. :)
     
    eatonpcat, BrianK, raybonz and 5 others like this.
  4. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,156
    Location:
    Central MI
    Just keep on having fun and keep smiling!
     
    raybonz, schlot and wildwest like this.
  5. Jack Straw

    Jack Straw

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    8,402
    Likes Received:
    52,443
    Location:
    30 miles west of Albany Ny
    I just hope there isn't a sex video with Kevin and a Cedar Fire Starter. :whistle:
     
    eatonpcat, cnice_37, Chvymn99 and 4 others like this.
  6. schlot

    schlot

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    5,256
    Likes Received:
    30,504
    Location:
    NW Iowa
    If there was one it would be "hot" maybe even "smoldering"!
     
    eatonpcat, Chvymn99, jetjr and 3 others like this.
  7. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,713
    Likes Received:
    224,343
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    "Too hot for FHC!"
     
    eatonpcat, Chvymn99, schlot and 2 others like this.
  8. jetjr

    jetjr

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2014
    Messages:
    3,233
    Likes Received:
    8,953
    Location:
    Pa/Md line
    Must think alike cause I thought the same thing when I read that.
     
    schlot likes this.
  9. Jack Straw

    Jack Straw

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    8,402
    Likes Received:
    52,443
    Location:
    30 miles west of Albany Ny
    That belongs on one of those pyro sites the youngins talk about :BrianK:
     
    schlot, cnice_37, thistle and 2 others like this.
  10. schlot

    schlot

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    5,256
    Likes Received:
    30,504
    Location:
    NW Iowa
    Kevin goes on a cruise (Part 2)

    Kevin was able to take a moment from his busy schedule of answering fan mail and taking calls from reporters to dictate more of his sea adventure to me before splitting for the day.

    Schlot


    The cruise gave me some much needed down time away from the hectic lives we all live nowadays. Our trip provided us two full days at sea, one as we sailed from Florida to the Yucatan Pennisula and one on the return trip.


    [​IMG]

    Whereas Schlot and his little lady spent time somewhere else, I enjoyed sitting on the deck relaxing and reading a classic adventure book set in Minnesota and the Northwoods of Canada.


    [​IMG]

    Unfortunately I found out where Schlot and his little hussy were spending their time. As I got back to our room I first assumed they were simply relaxing as the sign said, but as I reached for my room key I knew better. I shudder to think what all those sounds were that were coming from that room!


    [​IMG]

    It was late into the night before they emerged from the room, but I made the best of it. The open deck at the stern of the ship allowed me to see one of the many beautiful sunsets and sunrises at sea.


    The next day we arrived at Costa Maya, a little port near the small Mexican town of Mahahual we took a tour of the Maya ruins of Chacchoben. About an hour drive inland it was an amazing site and was the highlight of the trip for me. As for Mr and Mrs Schlot, after the previous “incident”, I care not know what their favorite memory was!

    Our tour company and guide were great. In fact the tour guide’s father discovered the area as a child as he worked in the Maya jungle. Ivan was a native Maya and even tried to teach us Mayan. There was no rush and he made the tour feel like it was custom fit for our little group. An interesting fact that Ivan explained was that the people are Maya (or Mayas), whereas the word Mayan refers to the language and not the people.


    [​IMG]

    This site had three recovered pyramids. He stated that the “step” look to the Maya pyramids was due to the fact that every 52 years, the Maya leaders would have the pyramids demolished and a new pyramid would be rebuilt over the top of the ruins of the last. The 52 years was significant because of how the Maya calendars were set up. So it just goes to show you that governments throughout the ages have been systematically messing things up for a long time.


    Sorry I see my agent just texted me so I better go. I will be back with another installment soon.
     
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  11. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,645
    Likes Received:
    144,587
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina