In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Baileys is not totally evil

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by mike bayerl, Jan 28, 2015.

  1. mike bayerl

    mike bayerl

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2014
    Messages:
    3,924
    Likes Received:
    22,456
    Location:
    Central PA
    They accidentally sent me a 72 dl Stihl 33RSL chain when I ordered an 84 dl chain. The 72dl is fine for my 20" bar so I didn't notice. However, they noticed and sent me the 84dl free of charge. Normally, I don't accept or expect these kinds of offers, but, they insisted. So be it.
     
    Drvn4wood, splitoak, Cut4fun and 11 others like this.
  2. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    That doesn't happen very often. Better take it while you can!
     
  3. prell 73

    prell 73

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2014
    Messages:
    1,961
    Likes Received:
    3,725
    Location:
    ia
    That cool.
     
    splitoak, HoneyFuzz and Horkn like this.
  4. mdavlee

    mdavlee

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2013
    Messages:
    4,380
    Likes Received:
    10,479
    They're working on some of the problems. The shipping cost got way out of hand for a while.
     
    splitoak, Cut4fun, HoneyFuzz and 5 others like this.
  5. Sunfish

    Sunfish

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2014
    Messages:
    389
    Likes Received:
    834
    Location:
    Success Mo
    Baileys as always done me right.
     
  6. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,178
    Likes Received:
    166,475
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    Just north of baileys store in Williams California is the best taco stand in the us. Next time I'm out there, I'll stop in baileys, and hit that taco place on my way to the coast. Then I'll hit LCS in ukiah. Chainsaw stuff and wine. Gotta love Cali for these things.
     
    HoneyFuzz and thistle like this.
  7. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    Karma working for you in the positive this time.
     
    Cut4fun and HoneyFuzz like this.
  8. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    Yea they been running that flat rate $9.99 shipping for awhile now and it even went to $4.99 certain times.

    I ordered about $75 worth of stuff over a year ago and I paid $25 to ship all that stuff. And I think it came in 5 boxes over like a 1 week period.
     
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
    HoneyFuzz, mdavlee and Horkn like this.
  9. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    I priced some stuff from LCS and baileys today. Oregon bars were cheaper from LCS but Baileys had Husky bars for the same price and there the same thing anyway and baileys was cheaper on other stiff and the $9.99 shipping beats the LCS print e which was already over $20 at the limited order I had put together.
     
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
    HoneyFuzz and Horkn like this.
  10. cgraham1

    cgraham1

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2014
    Messages:
    840
    Likes Received:
    3,210
    Location:
    Nor Cal
    Their main problem is their high shipping costs. I ordered a 288 deflector. It came in a rather large box, and it was $7.99 or something crazy to ship it... and I'm in Northern California. :eek: They could've stuck it in a regular envelope.

    That pretty much turned me off to buying from Bailey's.
     
    HoneyFuzz, thistle, mdavlee and 2 others like this.
  11. crzybowhntr

    crzybowhntr

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2014
    Messages:
    831
    Likes Received:
    2,093
    Location:
    WV
    Still is for me over on the East Coast.
     
    splitoak and mdavlee like this.
  12. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    Any size order ships for $10. I dont exactly call that outrageous? LCS was double that on an order I was working up and still climbing. Baileys stays at $10.

    They also are shipping chains for free I saw awhile back
     
  13. crzybowhntr

    crzybowhntr

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2014
    Messages:
    831
    Likes Received:
    2,093
    Location:
    WV
    Not disputing it being better than before, but for items such as files, guides, decals, gaskets, etc. it puts it out of my range - Yes, that's when I support my local dealers.....

    Chains - awesome on the free shipping. I have 2 they sent me being delivered today.
     
  14. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    Yea you need to have a list of items to buy. You clearly dont want to order a dozen files and pay $10 to ship them. But if you need a case of oil a bar. A dozen files this size and a dozen of that. Three or four chains. 5 bars of this then they will beat anyone local.
     
    splitoak, Horkn and HoneyFuzz like this.
  15. crzybowhntr

    crzybowhntr

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2014
    Messages:
    831
    Likes Received:
    2,093
    Location:
    WV
    oil? They`ll ship it for 10? I`ve been wanting to try something different. Going to be checking it out..
     
    Horkn likes this.
  16. crzybowhntr

    crzybowhntr

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2014
    Messages:
    831
    Likes Received:
    2,093
    Location:
    WV
    Whats the best 2 stroke or bar oil? :rootintootin: :D :rofl: :lol:
     
    splitoak likes this.
  17. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    I like the woodland pro oil. Bar oil to me is bar oil. We have the baileys brand here at work but I think its just as good as whatever you can pic up local. I buy what's cheapest or if I am at walmart the supertec or poulan.
     
  18. HoneyFuzz

    HoneyFuzz

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2014
    Messages:
    4,490
    Likes Received:
    14,862
    Location:
    Northeast , Ohio
    I like both places right now. Seems like we can all benefit from some competition !
     
    crzybowhntr likes this.
  19. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    Thats the truth
     
    HoneyFuzz and crzybowhntr like this.