In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Wood Geeks

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by fox9988, Nov 25, 2013.

  1. fox9988

    fox9988

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,710
    Likes Received:
    8,287
    Location:
    NW Arkansas 72717
    My 14 y/o daughter asked to reload the stove:) She just moved in with us from her mom's:):):). I say absolutely and proceed to explain the draft control, bypass lever, combustor physics, secondary burn, efficiency, moisture content, tube stoves, stove top thermo, pipe thermo, etc, etc.
    She asks, "Do all your firefighter buddies know this stuff"? I say no but my internet wood geek buddies do! Thanks guys. I've come a long way.
     
    Pallet Pete, BrianK, Chvymn99 and 4 others like this.
  2. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    I clicked like because there is not love button.
     
    fox9988 likes this.
  3. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Know all know that stuff.o_O
    Scared me

    I know:
    Season the wood for 2 years + , 3 for oak
    off the ground in a good windy area
    Burn dry wood, everything is good :)