Once inDaNang VietNam, a typhoon came in. We air lifted all the patients out before the storm hit. We rode it our in our casualty staging area. The ocean, not normally seen, came in nearly to our doors. The tin roof got sucked off and when all over place. The water came though the ceiling like we had many hoses turned on it. I could see the loading ramp flap up and down like laundry on a line. Finally it stopped. Lots of damage but no one there hurt that time. Like that old saying, "you can run, but you can't hide"
Thanks for your service savemoney!!!! the previous typhoon just slammed China this past weekend. Evacuated 500,000 people. We were lucky with this one and like I said Okinawa is built for this stuff. When they turn on the rain over here, they really turn it on.. Well, it's 6:30 Tuesday morning. Time to go to work!!!
I live on the water on the south shore of Long Island, I've weathered my share of direct hit hurricanes. I watched the bitch Sandy come right at my house, along with 15 or 20 feet of water. You wouldn't believe me if I told you what the ocean looked like. She was pizzed off at somebody when she came ashore! The wood she delivered to me was sweet, but no thanks!,
Here's a pic of the Sakonnet River near Newport, RI during Irene.. Not too far from where it opens to the Atlantic Ocean. The sea was angry that day.