I remember my father cooking this when we were younger so I'll be doing this tomorrow for supper on top of the wood stove. We'll be adding some onions to this.
Sautee some onion and garlic, then add potato cubes and cook on low for a while? Add dogs later? Heat up some baked beans to go with.
Thewoodlands. That sounds good! You said you were going to burn some brush soon. The cold is a good time for that and you can keep your backside warm while doing it. It was once said that the best sentries always had there back to the fire. Please use caution if not long after the above meal. (Especially if you add the beans.)
Today is the day, some vittles on the stove top a coming... waiting for the pics so I can drool on the table
It does sound good. My father use to make beans and franks often when we were kids. Fry up a bunch of dogs in the cast iron skillet. Then add the beans until a good simmering going. Place on plate and bring on some bread!
wow, are we related gas? Mine did the same thing. B&M and some cut up hot dogs, A slice of bread and we were off to the races.
I have another brother?!!!! Holy Cow! I already have 6 brothers and 2 sisters. Well maybe, hopefully some day we can eat that exact thing together at an FHC G2G IS. We need to have one in the Northeast sooner or later. This year is not going to be possible for me. But, in the future we should plan a Northeast G2G. Now you guys have me hungry for this. I am going to make it sometime this week!
We took some taters an put them in the "Radar Oven" for about 7 minutes on 10, take them out and let cool...........peel then cube them up to the size you like. Put some veggie oil in the bottom of the skillet....add taters and your onions with garlic powder,salt, pepper and your sliced up hot dogs. Cook until you think it's done. The green stuff on top in pic 0629 is some Utica Greens we had left in the fridge. I'm not sure what recipe we have for the Utica Greens but they're good. https://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=mcafee&type=B211US0D20120818&p=utica+greens