In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

let me explain the reason for my name with a couple pictures. some may LOVE this! i sure do

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by shaggy wood dump hoarder, Jan 7, 2015.

  1. shaggy wood dump hoarder

    shaggy wood dump hoarder

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2014
    Messages:
    868
    Likes Received:
    3,324
    Location:
    menomonie
    Hey guys the following pictures are of my wood pile this year. As you may have already guessed, about 80% of this wood (all mixed) came from the local wood dump and best off about 6loads of this wood so far, I only had to load it up it was already cut to length!
     
    rottiman likes this.
  2. shaggy wood dump hoarder

    shaggy wood dump hoarder

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2014
    Messages:
    868
    Likes Received:
    3,324
    Location:
    menomonie
    20150107_115205.jpg 20150107_115154_HDR.jpg
     

    Attached Files:

    NYCountry, HDRock, Loon and 7 others like this.
  3. bigbarf48

    bigbarf48

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2014
    Messages:
    2,344
    Likes Received:
    4,702
    Location:
    Stone Mountain, GA
    Very nice. Looks like I see some ash and maple. Not sure what all that white stuff is on top though....






    :D
     
  4. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    Nice lookin' stash for sure.
     
  5. shaggy wood dump hoarder

    shaggy wood dump hoarder

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2014
    Messages:
    868
    Likes Received:
    3,324
    Location:
    menomonie
    Yea it's that weird substance that falls from the sky inn the cold weather! I also have bunker silo plastic to keep that substance off better. Anything in that pile from Hack berry to silver maple to oak to pine to ash to stuff that idk what it is but o call it firewood!
     
    bigbarf48 and Backwoods Savage like this.
  6. GrJfer

    GrJfer

    Joined:
    Apr 29, 2014
    Messages:
    2,159
    Likes Received:
    14,075
    Location:
    The Woods of Arkansas
    Welcome to the land of BTU's. Looks like I see an OWB in that first picture.
     
  7. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,153
    Location:
    Central MI
    Certainly nothing wrong with getting wood like that! Hopefully you don't have to haul it too far.
     
  8. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Wood dump is my favourite-- leave the mess behind!
     
  9. shaggy wood dump hoarder

    shaggy wood dump hoarder

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2014
    Messages:
    868
    Likes Received:
    3,324
    Location:
    menomonie
    It's actually closer than the property I cut on. 5minutes from my place and so so so easy!
     
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  10. shaggy wood dump hoarder

    shaggy wood dump hoarder

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2014
    Messages:
    868
    Likes Received:
    3,324
    Location:
    menomonie
    Yea truthfully I'd rather have a wood Chuck in my basement for some true wood heat but it was here when I bought the place so I'm not going to not use it! My favorite part of the wood dump is that the wood that I heat my house and water with would otherwise be rotting down there! Reduce reuse recycle!
     
    Backwoods Savage, thistle and GrJfer like this.
  11. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,332
    Location:
    Central PA
    Nice stash! One man's tree trash is another man's heating hoard!!

    It's amazing that people throw all that good wood away and then pay a heating bill!
     
  12. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    I still think about the huge sugar Maple in the neighbors yard downstate that we helped pay to have taken down (it was hanging over our house and infested with black ants).
    The guy hauled off all the wood.:headbang:
    Probably would have heated this joint for at least the month of January.
     
  13. shaggy wood dump hoarder

    shaggy wood dump hoarder

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2014
    Messages:
    868
    Likes Received:
    3,324
    Location:
    menomonie
    Ooh I know! I love it. I found it funny one day I went down there abd there was a guy cutting on oak branches the biggest one was maybe 5inches across. I got down there saw a pile of pine all dried out and cut up. Had the whole truck load heaped up full without starting the saw in fifteen minutes drove by abd got a weird like from the guy! :rofl: :lol::p
     
  14. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,709
    Likes Received:
    224,321
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    Probably got the look cuz he was the one who cut it up!!
     
    revver6 likes this.
  15. shaggy wood dump hoarder

    shaggy wood dump hoarder

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2014
    Messages:
    868
    Likes Received:
    3,324
    Location:
    menomonie
    Yea who needs that garbage pine. I'll throw it out only to work twice as hard for since twigs! :doh:
     
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  16. prell 73

    prell 73

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2014
    Messages:
    1,961
    Likes Received:
    3,725
    Location:
    ia
    Nice pile.