In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

The "Official " FHC Christmas tree thread!

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by savemoney, Dec 23, 2014.

  1. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    pathetic I know, but with all that has been going on, at least I made an attempt.
    image.jpg I don't have the bulbs on yet.
    Now to get the gifts wrapped. You know I sat a big box of wrapping paper next to the gifts, you would think they would have the decency to cover up, but no, they are waiting for me to do it! Ugh.
     
  2. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    Looks good from here Larry. I know... boxes, wrapping paper & "stuff"... you'd think there'd be an app for that on the compooter... ;) I like to think my job is to eat as many of my honey's pumpkin rolls as I can steal outa the frig... :whistle:
     
    Pallet Pete and wildwest like this.
  3. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    Just doesn't work that way here. I get "honey" get me........ over and over. Exhausted before Christmas even happens.
     
    Pallet Pete, wildwest and Stinny like this.
  4. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,333
    Location:
    Central PA
    Larry, I like it! Mind if I bump this into the "official" Christmas tree thread?
     
    Pallet Pete, wildwest and Stinny like this.
  5. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    Hang in there...
     
    Pallet Pete and wildwest like this.
  6. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    good thanks
     
    Pallet Pete and wildwest like this.
  7. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,646
    Likes Received:
    144,590
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    Beautiful!! That tree conveys the spirit of Christmas quite well!! We still have to wrap gifts too... Hoping lil one gets a few hours at daycare tomorrow so I can get her gifts done without her seeing :)
     
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
    Pallet Pete, Well Seasoned and Stinny like this.
  8. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,333
    Location:
    Central PA
    Don't feel bad I JUST NOW bought my wife her presents....

    For the record, every year we agree to NOT buy each other Christmas presents. But I never listen. ....:p

    Here's our Christmas tree this year. The platform is 12x6', tree is 11.5' tall. Douglas fir....

    my youngest son and I laying out the railroad.....

    20141206_124908.jpg

    The tree wound tight and ready to take in the house. Base was around 9" diameter....

    20141206_134701.jpg

    Easiest to leave it wound up and get it fairly level. Gotta be careful when you cut that string!!

    20141206_135956.jpg

    Dear wifey standing next to it. The tree is a beast!

    20141206_140548.jpg

    I help her string the lights and do some of the high decorations, she's responsible for the rest. She also did a great job laying out the village!!

    20141211_144650.jpg

    20141211_144629.jpg

    Merry Christmas to my FHC family! God Bless all of you and your families! Now let's see some more trees!!
     
  9. Jack Straw

    Jack Straw

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    8,402
    Likes Received:
    52,443
    Location:
    30 miles west of Albany Ny
    Me and the wife are loading up the RV and heading to Scotty's house
    eddie-christmas-vacation-shitter-was-full1.jpg
     
  10. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,333
    Location:
    Central PA
    C'mon down! But you can keep "Snots" at home....I don't want my house trashed!
     
  11. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    :D ......... ole Randy Q ... o_O
     
  12. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Looks good Scotty! No such thing as overkill during the holidays!
     
  13. BrianK

    BrianK

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,108
    Likes Received:
    11,113
    Location:
    West central PA
    Our tree is going up late this year, tomorrow morning. Since we're having company tomorrow and the new stove still isn't installed, it got pushed into its corner and is doing double duty as a stand for the nativity this year:
     

    Attached Files:

  14. NYCountry

    NYCountry

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2014
    Messages:
    2,687
    Likes Received:
    11,979
    Location:
    Mohegan Lake NY
    Here it is fellas Merry Xmas to all my FHC family
     

    Attached Files:

  15. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    image.jpg
    Saw this on FB, neat idea. I would consider it it it were not for the cats who are sure everything that exists is there for their entertainment.
     
  16. NYCountry

    NYCountry

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2014
    Messages:
    2,687
    Likes Received:
    11,979
    Location:
    Mohegan Lake NY
    Pretty cool idea. The cats would sure have a nice Christmas with that
     
    wildwest and Pallet Pete like this.
  17. BrianK

    BrianK

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,108
    Likes Received:
    11,113
    Location:
    West central PA
    The guests are gone now, the tree is finally up, and we're heading for Christmas Eve mass soon. Merry Christmas all!
     

    Attached Files:

  18. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
  19. MasterMech

    MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    9,648
    Likes Received:
    26,044
    Location:
    Greenville County SC
    image.jpg

    Locked and loaded. Ready for the AM. :D
     
  20. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    We gotta clean up the living room but there it is!

    image.jpg image.jpg