In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Ackkkkk! Holiday Sales... and Gifts?

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by wildwest, Dec 1, 2014.

  1. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,652
    Likes Received:
    144,620
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    T H A N K S !
     
    papadave likes this.
  2. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,652
    Likes Received:
    144,620
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina

    Dennis, I ordered the cards for extended family today. Spent a bundle and did not get a fulfilling feeling. "(Rather than being about Christ, it was Santa and buy, buy, buy, spend, spend, spend)" I kept getting sidetracked on the $$ amount, ie: grandma could use more, give this person less and so on. Threw my hands up and gave everyone the same amount. I have given purchased and hand crafted gifts in the past that were not appreciated, I hope this will be better. We shall see, hoping to avoid criticism for not spending enough. Saving grace is that I was able get my daughters smiling face printed on the front.

    Thanks for the great messaga!
     
    Backwoods Savage and papadave like this.
  3. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,652
    Likes Received:
    144,620
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    [​IMG]
     
  4. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,652
    Likes Received:
    144,620
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    Sportsmans Barn near Glenwood knew who he is!! Though the only numbers I can find are disconnected. PS, she gave him glowing reviews on the birds he did for her. I ended up calling sportsmans after I struck out with turkey creek and elk creek, than bingo!! Thanks BK :)
     
    Beetle-Kill and papadave like this.
  5. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,652
    Likes Received:
    144,620
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    I got ahold of him, and he remembered us! Sending the quail to him after the post office calms down from Christmas, thanks !!
     
    Beetle-Kill likes this.
  6. Beetle-Kill

    Beetle-Kill

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2013
    Messages:
    4,102
    Likes Received:
    19,559
    Location:
    Near the Divide, Colorado
    That is great news!! Nice job of sleuthing. :thumbs:
     
    Backwoods Savage and wildwest like this.
  7. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    Well, we ended up doing something different this year. Over the years we've accumulated a bunch of deer antlers. Many times people have asked us for something from our land just to remind them. Lo and behold, one day last summer or early fall, we were at a friend's home and discovered she had taken up a new hobby; making ink pens. Ah ha! The lights go off.

    So we gathered up a bunch of antlers and asked to make ink pens for us. Every one is different and we mailed most of them out as Christmas gifts. We're already getting feedback and they love the pens. That is great as we really wanted to share something that came from our land and something that we loved and deer really hits the nail on the head. So we shared some antlers. But not off of this year's buck.

    Buck-2014c.JPG
     
    wildwest likes this.
  8. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,652
    Likes Received:
    144,620
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    What incredibly thoughtful gifts!