In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Log jam weekend

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by DOND, Dec 14, 2014.

  1. DOND

    DOND

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2014
    Messages:
    91
    Likes Received:
    183
    Location:
    SAINT PAUL MN
    I am finely getting to some old growth Red Oak some 150 year old stuff I had stashed. also look at a Tamarack DSCN0408.JPG DSCN0410.JPG DSCN0406.JPG DSCN0405.JPG DSCN0415.JPG DSCN0395.JPG 100_1415.JPG that turns gold in the fall in the other pines. very cool.
     
    rottiman, Loon, Deacon and 3 others like this.
  2. Shawn Curry

    Shawn Curry

    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2014
    Messages:
    3,755
    Likes Received:
    22,702
    Location:
    Western NY
    That stuff does look about 150 years old! That should burn real nice. :thumbs:

    Awesome pics!! :binoculars:
     
    DOND likes this.
  3. DOND

    DOND

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2014
    Messages:
    91
    Likes Received:
    183
    Location:
    SAINT PAUL MN
    Some of the branches are 80 years old and only 3 inches in diameter
     
  4. GrJfer

    GrJfer

    Joined:
    Apr 29, 2014
    Messages:
    2,159
    Likes Received:
    14,075
    Location:
    The Woods of Arkansas
    Great pictures, thanks for sharing.
     
    DOND likes this.
  5. DOND

    DOND

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2014
    Messages:
    91
    Likes Received:
    183
    Location:
    SAINT PAUL MN
    100_1415.JPG I love sharing these great photos I took and wood I harvested and collected. And the Tamarack photo was like a ghost inside the pine tree fantastic to see.
     
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  6. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Tamarack add great color to Fall :)

    Nice stacks !
    Awesome work fire , can feel the heat :yes:
     
    DOND likes this.
  7. DOND

    DOND

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2014
    Messages:
    91
    Likes Received:
    183
    Location:
    SAINT PAUL MN
    You can hardly see it but the pine tree and the Tamarack are growing right next to each other an absolute pair of trees intermingled without killing each other and very rare to this extent.
     
  8. Paul bunion

    Paul bunion

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,396
    Likes Received:
    13,524
    Location:
    NJ
    Speaking of Tamarack, aka "The Larch".

     
    DOND likes this.
  9. NYCountry

    NYCountry

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2014
    Messages:
    2,687
    Likes Received:
    11,979
    Location:
    Mohegan Lake NY
    Wow that looks great. I like your set up especially with the tarp under the wood splitter. I do the same thing. It cuts so much time from the clean up. It also makes it easier to separate the kindling and the fire pit....
     
    DOND likes this.