If ur like me I hate deboning the front quarters of deer. I now smoke them whole and pull it. Season it then cover it in bacon if you want and smoke away at 225. Size will determine time. Once it hits about 140 I wrap in foil until it's done. Easy way to increase yield and save time. It's also damm good. Never mind the 44 mag hole lol
wish the .270 had done less damage to the fronts on my buck last year - of course the idiot walked up on me @10yds wasn't any heart/lungs to be found
Looks awesome! I'm going to try that If I manage to kill one this year but so far it hasn't went so well.
Whenever you can shred/pull it or chop it up easily. The bones will pick clean with ease. Honestly I dont check for a certain temp. You cook that thing a little too long and its dry. Safetywise, you could eat it at 140 and not get sick.