Saw this today when I stopped at Menards to pick up a bottle of gel starter for the furnace. http://www.menards.com/main/mobile/heating-cooling/fuel/pellet-stove-cleaner/p-2046784-c-6855.htm If it was $4.99 I'd buy it just for the hell of it, but I can't see how its worth $14.99. It looks like it's just a box of, well, pellets. Wonder how many people buy this late in the season when their stoves are full of ash and not running worth a chit? 'I'm sorry it's cold in here honey. I've been running a box of pellet stove cleaner every other bag but the stove is still full of ash and the glass is black as night'.....
Yeah, not much that stuff could do. . If they burned a little hotter, they may make the darker spots on the glass a little lighter, but the pellets won't make ash disappear, it won't clean your combustion blower blades, and it's definitely not gonna clean your vent!! For $15, it is a waste of money. There are numerous other products for wood burners that I see so many people waste there money on. Creosote controller, is one of them. It's a liquid spray. A liquid.... So let's make the wood have even more moisture than what it has currently? Great idea buy it.... LOL
Sweet, I dont need to clean the stove any more...woo hoo !!!!! Yeah, right. I think it was Krooser that mentioned this and it is what I do once we hit 24/7 burning (when I remember). Crank your stove up to max for 20 minutes a day to burn off anything that may be building. Only thing is every so often I forget to go back to the basement and turn it back down
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Best watch it there, as it is beginning to sound like you might be suffering from CRS.