In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Better get these down too.

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Gasifier, Nov 30, 2014.

  1. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    :ithappened:'s

    :MM:
     
    Gasifier and Stinny like this.
  2. cnice_37

    cnice_37

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,211
    Likes Received:
    14,236
    Location:
    SE Mass
    Those explode when they hit the ground.

    So,when roping, do you just apply tension and let your fell do the work? Or do you actually pull it over with the truck?
     
  3. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Snug up the rope. Cut notch. Snug rope a little more. Cut back cut. Pull over with truck.

    One must be very careful doing this. Most trees that I cut are not very big. And one could break a rope and lose a tree quickly. Not something for a beginner to try. Almost all trees that I cut are in the woods. None near power lines, homes, etc. I will not do them. I have taken a few down that were close to my power line at camp, close to my camp or garage. But they were all what I consider small to medium size.
     
    Backwoods Savage and cnice_37 like this.